Skip to main content
Topic: shaving (Read 12352 times) previous topic - next topic

shaving

I just tried king of shaves shaving oil and I think it will revolutionise my daily shaving regime.

Cant believe I havent used it sooner.

Baggers,  haven't tried it on the stump and nuts yet but I a msure I will  ;D

Anyway, what do people here use?

I jump in and out of electric razors and gilette fusion (bloody expensive)

Re: shaving

Reply #1
Mach three blades.  I can't justify going fusion.

Aside from that shaving gel.  Whatever brand.

What I do prior to shaving is wash my shaving area with a wash that has little beads in it to remove dead skin and allow a smoother shave.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
Lance, I do use the King of Shaves gel. Good stuff.

If you enjoy a "fresh" start to the morning, try their menthol gel. Too much for me.

Reply #3
You guys serious?  Shaving as soon as I get out of the shower without shaving cream with a disposable, 1 blade razor is fine by me.

Reply #4

Much cheaper.

I use a shaving cream with a brush, after I shower of course.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
I just shave in the shower, no gel required.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
I use an electric Braun and dont use blades..prefer a bit of stubble on the face as well, I dont ever shave too close as its not great for your skin.

Reply #7
always throw on some proraso after a shave, sometimes before and after - feels great

Reply #8
LR... stump and nuts? You're a fair-dinkum classic. I wouldn't let any blade within a kilometre of that region!!!!

As for shaving the 'regular' area... same as 3 Leos. Straight after the shower use a 'sensitive' shaving cream as prone to ingrowns/rashes. Copious after shave (prefer Guerlain products).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Shaving?   Once a week luxury...can of hot water from the brekkie fire, wing mirror from the Toyota... Cheap disposable blades because they're munged after scraping off the veener of red dust, sunblock, fly spray etc
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
I have often questioned the value of the expensive blades I buy.

Might try cheaper disposable ones.

Anyone tried a straight razor?

Reply #11
Shaving?   Once a week luxury...can of hot water from the brekkie fire, wing mirror from the Toyota... Cheap disposable blades because they're munged after scraping off the veener of red dust, sunblock, fly spray etc

Is that you russell coight?  ;D

Reply #12
Meh I hate shaving.

I used to use a Gilette Mach 3 about once a week, but my crazy girlfriend and I had an argument over some trivial crap last weekend and she decided to throw my razor and all the blades away for some reason (along with hiding all of my phone chargers somewhere and throwing my shower gel out into the yard... like I said, she be crazy).

So last night I used a disposable for the first time since I was 15... and it hurt... I actually went through three of them before I learned the 'one light brush at a time' technique that allowed me to finish the job.

14 or so hours later, my face still hurts.

Fml.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #13
Meh I hate shaving.

I used to use a Gilette Mach 3 about once a week, but my crazy girlfriend and I had an argument over some trivial crap last weekend and she decided to throw my razor and all the blades away for some reason (along with hiding all of my phone chargers somewhere and throwing my shower gel out into the yard... like I said, she be crazy).

So last night I used a disposable for the first time since I was 15... and it hurt... I actually went through three of them before I learned the 'one light brush at a time' technique that allowed me to finish the job.

14 or so hours later, my face still hurts.

Fml.

Sounds like you should start waxing :P

Reply #14
I have a fusion. I've found it the most comfortable (and quickest) by far which is important because my skin is super sensitive and I can't be arsed standing in front of a mirror.