Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem (Read 47423 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem

Reply #45
When a spud like Josh Green kicks 3 goals, you know you're in trouble......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #46
I guess Robbo has the last laugh?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #47
And they still won 11 games.

Any more excuses?

Yes, and bar that loss to the Gold Coast we still may have made the finals yet again.

Reply #48

......and Jaksch - wow, what's not to like about Jaksch, the way he imposes himself and his kicking......oh wait

Pick 7, another recruiting blunder by the CFC.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Yeah - that Buckley, he's awesome, his dash out of defence & the way he uses the footy......oh wait

......and Jaksch - wow, what's not to like about Jaksch, the way he imposes himself and his kicking......oh wait

......and Whiley, man - what an awesome tagger he is and that pace.......oh wait

......and Boekhorst - great to see him NOT play like Kane Lucas and then kick that clutch goal in the last......oh wait

I'll give you Clem Smith, who finally showed a bit today (despite 2 horrific kicking clangers) & can't comment on Graham due to his usual lack of game-time, but the rest of them you must surely be taking the p!ss....surely.

To be fair the way the better players are playing and the game structure it doesn't give these young blokes much chance. I think those players might end up ok. Best place the blame where it should lie....almost everywhere else.

Reply #51
To be fair the way the better players are playing and the game structure it doesn't give these young blokes much chance. I think those players might end up ok. Best place the blame where it should lie....almost everywhere else.

Don't worry Iaj......the blame on the senior players is implied, without needing to say anything.....but out of all the youngin's - for mine, Buckley is the biggest worry and there can be no denying that from anyone.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #52
Hey Carlton FC screw YOU! ABSOLUTELY screw YOU! The only game I'll see this year and it was disgusting. I have no other words than screw YOU!

Reply #53
Yeah - that Buckley, he's awesome, his dash out of defence & the way he uses the footy......oh wait

......and Whiley, man - what an awesome tagger he is and that pace.......oh wait

......and Boekhorst - great to see him NOT play like Kane Lucas and then kick that clutch goal in the last......oh wait

I'll give you Clem Smith, who finally showed a bit today (despite 2 horrific kicking clangers) & can't comment on Graham due to his usual lack of game-time, but the rest of them you must surely be taking the p!ss....surely.

You're a hard man Brettie, hard, but on the money!

Smith did show a bit today and I reckon he could be a player.  He hasn't quite got the tempo yet.  Graham had a dip in the last quarter, but it would be nice to see what he can do in a full game.

To be frank, it would be bloody hard coming in to the Carlton side while the team is going south at a rate of knots.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Don't worry Iaj......the blame on the senior players is implied, without needing to say anything.....but out of all the youngin's - for mine, Buckley is the biggest worry and there can be no denying that from anyone.

Bucks has the ability and the right attitude. He just needs time. That's why we need to be playing him every chance we get.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55
Brisbane were a shambles - they had won 1 quarter for the year with a percentage of about 50, their coach was manhandling players and looked to have straight out given up hope. Playing away from home.

Yet, 5 minutes into this game you could tell we were going to drop it. Brisbane weren't getting much of it yet they tackled with far more ferocity and when they did get the ball, they moved it with intent and purpose - instead of our kick and hope approach. It was only a matter of time until they got more of the ball and take the game.

As bad a loss for the Carlton football club as any in the AFL era.

Reply #56
Can't wait for kruddler and thry to tell us all the coach isn't the problem.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
How do you know it's a blunder 6 games in. We'd all have no idea yet.

His skills are ordinary.
It's as if we took the safe option, better an OK player than stuff up another high draft pick.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #58

I'd chuck him further up the ground where he can use his pace.......except it would be useless as we play everyone behind the ball.He be running and carrying ti to no-one. Nice work Mick!

Reply #59
Buckley would be one of the first players I would delist.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!