Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 36631 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #60
So why didn't JGM, Smith or SOS play?

Cuninghams hip flexor reported this week but he missed last week. No mention in the NBs Thursday selection.
You get half a story.

The injury list is never up to date.

The weekly selections should list who's in and who's out and why. They wait till the week following to say why a guy didn't play this includes the NBs.

Also.

Is Jamison available for selection after a concussion .
What's Billy Gowers mystery problem
Is Sheehan available this week.
We also had a guy called Whiley , remember him.?

Just really poor dissemination of information .
Agree Cimm, its been the MO for years now. It may well be a tactic (not sure what purpose it would serve), but its as frustrating as hell. The only common denominator over all these years is Andy McKay.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Agree Cimm, its been the MO for years now. It may well be a tactic (not sure what purpose it would serve), but its as frustrating as hell. The only common denominator over all these years is Andy McKay.

Yeah , well I get the impression Macca wouldn't tell us anything if it was up to him.

I almost don't care if they just put "soreness" or "management" for guys who don't get selected but there should be some acknowledgement that the guy isn't playing for a reason. If they don't want to tell us what it is or they don't know, I'm fine with that.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #62
Tom Langdon for the Pies ruled out.

Reply #63
Yeah , well I get the impression Macca wouldn't tell us anything if it was up to him.

I almost don't care if they just put "soreness" or "management" for guys who don't get selected but there should be some acknowledgement that the guy isn't playing for a reason. If they don't want to tell us what it is or they don't know, I'm fine with that.

I reckon the injury updates are pretty comprehensive.

The timing is an issue as injuries may not detected/identified until Wednesday or Thursday.  That makes it after the fact and McKay is often explaining why players were unavailable rather than who is going to be unavailable.  However, McKay was on the front foot with both Weitering's injury and Curnow's glandular fever.

I don't think it's McKay's role to explain what's going on with the Northern Blues but it would be good if their website was a little more informative.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
Members are like shareholders...entitled to information about how their company is performing. IMO the club are duty bound to tell members about how their investment ie how players are travelling with injuries etc and they should not receive the same non answers the normal public or media get..
AS DJ said Mckay was forthcoming with info on Weitering and Curnow and he should be the same with any Carlton listed player..

Reply #65
Dare I say this but for the first time in years, I don't find myself saying:
"We've won two in a row by some miracle, we are no chance this week to make it three"
or
"We're due for a loss"
or
"We haven't beaten the Filth in years"

Instead, my optimism grows every week with the confidence that sufficient planning and strategy will occur and give us every chance to win the game. Yes, there will be bumbs and there may be one this week. I would like our injury list to be a little shorter but it is what it is. I just feel different approaching games now.
Go Blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
In addition to Langdon as previously mentioned, other possible outs for the Pies are Travis Varcoe, Taylor Adams and Ben Sinclair. If these outs eventuate, this, combined with the fact that the Pies aren't traveling well at the moment, should give us a good chance of three wins in a row.

Reply #67
In addition to Langdon as previously mentioned, other possible outs for the Pies are Travis Varcoe, Taylor Adams and Ben Sinclair. If these outs eventuate, this, combined with the fact that the Pies aren't traveling well at the moment, should give us a good chance of three wins in a row.

Mate, I'm seriously thinking of tipping us this week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68
Mate, I'm seriously thinking of tipping us this week.

I wouldn't go that far, look what they did to Essendon 6 days before we went life and death with them.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
I do give us a sneaky chance, but we might need to kick more than 10 goals this week... we have actually kicked the exact same score in the past two weeks (10.12.72)!

I'm hoping our confidence is up and we can play similar to how we did in the Richmond game.

Reply #70
I do give us a sneaky chance, but we might need to kick more than 10 goals this week... we have actually kicked the exact same score in the past two weeks (10.12.72)!

I'm hoping our confidence is up and we can play similar to how we did in the Richmond game.

Im not really concerned with the total.  We missed about 4 or 5 reasonably easy set shots.

Kick more accurately and it could easily have been 13 goals 9 or even 15 goals 7, which is about as good a return as the better teams.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
I wouldn't go that far, look what they did to Essendon 6 days before we went life and death with them.

Yes, the Pies best is definitely better than our best at the moment. Just hope they play badly, and their outs are as previously described. Some luck with the umps won't go astray either.

Reply #72
A guy on another site made a terrific point about picking teams.

He said pick the team that's playing the most honest football and that is certainly not the Pies ATM.

We on the other hand are about as genuine as you can be right now.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Pies still too good.   Pies by 24 points

Reply #74
If Carlton beat Essendon, Essendon beat Melbourne, Melbourne beat GWS, and GWS beat Hawthorn then I don't understand why we aren't premiership favorites?

And that being the case we should pump the Pies...........Lol!!!!!