Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6991 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 7: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs Collingwood

Getting ready for a busy weekend. Saturday afternoon footy: I seem to remember it.... :)

We certainly haven't beaten the Meat Pies for a while. To use an ancient slogan, 'Its Time!"

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 7: Jim Park Voting: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
Team:   B
I am probably underestimating this effort, considering we defeated today a team we hadn’t beaten for years, but I really want more if I am going to give an ‘A’. Especially when I have to put all the formatting in by hand (Windows Edge doesn’t like the features of our site much.)
There was a lot to like and some really impressive performances, but still too many errors and too many turnover goals.

Votes:
[2]   Simpson
[2]   Cripps
[2]   Gibbs
[2]   Casboult
[2]   Curnow
[2]   Docherty
[1]   Murphy
[0.5]   Kerridge
[0.5]   Byrne
[0.5]   Rowe
[0.5]   Everitt

Explanations:
I really needed more votes today. These guys deserved a lot more than 2, but we had a very even bunch of contributors for most of the game.
[2]   Simpson:   A brilliant game in the air and running through. One of the best games he’s played for a long time.
[2]   Cripps:   A wonderful effort with so many contested possessions. The way he broke through b packs and gave the ball off was excellent.
[2]   Gibbs:   A fine effort both offensively and defensively. 8 tackles and 30 possessions, not to mention 3 goals.
[2]   Casboult:   At least 10 contested marks and 3 good goals. It could have been better, if he’d kicked straight, but he beat the best Collingwood could throw at him.
[2]   Curnow:   An excellent job and 13 tackles to go with his 25 possessions. Really stuck to his task and worked hard.
[2]   Docherty:   Good in the air and dynamic on the ground. Excellent.
[1]   Murphy:   A strong game from the captain.
[0.5]   Kerridge:   24 possessions and 5 tackles.
[0.5]   Byrne:   I really wanted to give Byrne more votes. For a newcomer, he did so much well in the air and on the ground.
[0.5]   Rowe:   Excellent effort in defence, even though he didn’t get a lot of ball himself.
[0.5]   Everitt:   3 goals and 20+ possessions, beating his opponent in almost every contest: he did a lot of very good stuff. Then he dropped 3 of the easiest chest marks ever and mucked up what could have been a match winning effort.

Honourable Mentions:
Most weeks these guys would have got votes. They made really important contributions. But I just don’t have the votes to spare.
Wright:   Did his job well and continued to get the ball effectively. Good usage.
Kreuzer:   Did a great job in the ruck against a guy he usually struggles with. Couldn’t buy a mark, but kept Grundy from doing any damage. Kept working in the contests and did a lot that would not show on the stats sheet.
Lamb:   His best game in our colours to date. He was strong and hard and provided good run.
Thomas:   After starting really well, I was really worried when he was assisted from the ground. However, he managed to come back and, while he was quieter, he was a steadying influence. A really positive effort.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Team B
5 Gibbs
4 Cripps
3 Docherty
2 Simpson
1 Casboult

Apology to Ed Curnow, super game

Reply #3
Cripps 3
Simo 3
Casboult 3
Docherty 2
Gibbs 2
Curnow 1
Rowe 1

Team B-

Reply #4
Team A-

3: Docherty
3: Cripps
3: Casboult
2: Simpson
2: Gibbs
1: Rowe
1: Curnow

Reply #5
Gibbs 3
Casboult 3
Simmo 2
Docherty 2
Cripps 2
Curnow 1
Lamb 1
Rowe 1

Great team effort today.
Team B

HM
Murphy led by example
Bryne was fearless again. Can't believe he's played so few games. Clone him.
Kruez significant improvement, season getting on track.
Kerridge solid effort.
Wright ditto.
Everett played his role for 3/4. Looking forward to 4/4 under Bolts regime.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Team A

5. Simpson
4. Docherty
3. Gibbs
2. Casboult
1. Cripps
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #7
Team - B

5 Gibbs
4 Simpson
3 Cripps
2 Docherty
1 Casboult

Reply #8
Team B

5 Gibbs
4 Cripps
3 Simmo
2 Docherty
1 Casboult
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
5. Gibbs
4. Docherty
3. Simpson
2. Casboult
1. Cripps

Reply #10
Team A- : Played good team footy and kicked almost 100 points, best game I've seen in a long time by us

4 Gibbs : Wowee! Tough and hard, used the ball well. Was one of the best games id seen him play. 3 goals in a row helped as well

4 Simmo : Actions speak louder than words, love this guy.

3 Cripps : Could end up being the best mid of the modern era. Freak.

2 Murph : O Captain, my Captain

1 Casboult Being around the ball more gave him more touches and thus more confidence, like a couple of us have been banging on, he's best when hes playing second fiddle to Kreuze.

1 Everitt : 3 goals, more of that please

Honourable mentions

Curnow, went head to head with Treloar for most of the day and broke even. Had 13 tackles

Doc, 24 touches @ 83% disp eff and 8 marks

Kerridge, 24 touches @ 83% disp eff, a goal and 5 score involvements

Wright, 23 touches, 8 score involvements and 6 I50s

Daisy, hurt early but came back on and had 21 touches, 7 score inv, 7 marks and a gimme goal whilst being booed all day.

Lamb, really loved his game today around the ball, wing and HF. Was clean on both sides and didnt look panicky.

Reply #11
1 Simmo
2 Levi
3 Dockers
4 Crippa
5 Gibbs
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #12
Team B+

4 Gibbs
3 Cripps
3 Casboult
2 Simpson
2 Docherty
1 Murphy
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #13
Team C+

3 - Simpson
3 - Gibbs
3 - Docherty
2 - Casboult
2 - Cripps
1 - Rowe
1 - Byrne

Byrne is on the rise big time, week after week and game after game he looks like he belongs.

Apologies to Murphy, Daisy and E.Curnow.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Team performance B-

3- Cripps
2 - Simmo
2 - Docherty
2 - Casboult
2 - Gibbs
2 - Curnow
2 - Rowe
Football is life, there is nothing else....