Skip to main content
Topic: 3 into 2 won't go. (Read 7245 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 3 into 2 won't go.

Reply #15
3 into 2 worked pretty well the last couple of weeks. ;)

Reply #16
Kruezer started well but Grundy seemed to be jumping all over him after half time and I reckon his days of playing most of the day on the ball are over and he needs
Philips to give him a spell plus I think Philips is a very handy ruckman anyway.

Casboult needs a run up the ground to get the cobwebs out early and get his hands on the footy, then you can move him back down forward on a more permanent basis.
I like Casboults marking ability further up the ground and as Ben Reid can tell you when he is throwing himself about he is a scary man.....some of the young Collingwood defenders didnt want much to do with the Boult in marking duels and I thought he intimidated them with his size.

I think there is room for the three....

They certainly didn't want to stand in front of him. :D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #17
Collingwoods setup was deplorable, don't expect him to get that sort of free run in many other games this season. Big blokes just shouldn't be allowed to get a free run at jumping over packs in the way Meat did yesterday.

Perhaps he is benefiting from the presence of both Jones and Everitt up forward, add in 1AW and all of a sudden there are multiple options provided our mids are not tunnel visioned. Jones was regularly bringing the ball to ground when out numbered two or three to one!

But one thing is certain, Meat needs to get up the ground away from goals to get his motor started. Something most of us have been saying for some time now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Yesterday was a bit of an anomaly too.

Kreuzer ran rings around Cox in the ruck.

He reminds me of hampson.

Mr potential, will never get there.  Got up over Kreuzer in one contest and then was killed at every throw in because Kreuzer read it better.

No substitute for brains and natural ability.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson