Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW Round 3: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 7936 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW Round 3: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
Was at the game, well.... the umpiring? what can you say especially in the last quarter, so much was happening off the ball the umpire had no control. NO control.
All the push me shove you stuff was not good either. They pushed us in the neck, we push back, they get the free. WTF.
The cows set up a wall across the centre and Vescio shouldve played higher or even on the ball. Someone with that much talent sitting in a forward line that didn't get the ball was a waste. But I think she was injured towards the end of the game.
We can talk about injuries but they lost a marque player in the first minute of the game.
We did alot of kick and hope and not enough carrying the ball. Need more run.
Quite a few time entries into the forward 50 were too low and went straight to the oppo. Need to give it height to give the forwards a chance.
And we didn't take our chances. The weather wasn't really a factor because it was the same for both teams although trying to kick into the wind in the last is hard when you are running out of legs.
There was also alot of dirty stuff happening off the ball, alot of illegal shepherding way off the ball.
We got the majority of the hit outs but seemed to tap them straight down which I thought was weird.
The girls didnt hold back and flew the flag when needed but were out done in the end.
This will be the Grand Final teams IMO.  :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #31
Nice report BP.

I agree with you about Vescio; she was freezing her buns off and we were desperate for options to move the ball forward.

I don't think you can blame Sauce for bias but he was probably the most even-handed.  Chyloe (what kind of a name is that?) is as much use as a hip pocket in a singlet  ::)

I'm not yet able to recognise all players and it's annoying when the commentators don't mention the name of the player who has just taken a contested mark.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
Just on a side note but # 9. Deni Varnhagen for the Crows is not bad on the eye..to put it as politically correct as I can. :)

Reply #33
Oh yeah, the other thing I noticed was there was a lot of pushing, into and during the contest. I think this might be more to the girls protecting themselves instead of having body contact. But there were a lot of pushes that should've been free kicks.

Reply #34
Oh yeah, the other thing I noticed was there was a lot of pushing, into and during the contest. I think this might be more to the girls protecting themselves instead of having body contact. But there were a lot of pushes that should've been free kicks.

that might have meant 30 - 16 in Crows favor, instead of 15 - 8 right :-\
Great report by the way BP thankyou
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #35
Just on a side note but # 9. Deni Varnhagen for the Crows is not bad on the eye..to put it as politically correct as I can. :)

Screw politically correct.   Half the women I know who like men's football don't watch it for the sport. 

Why is there a double standard applied to the blokes? 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #36
Since it was brought up, Abbie Holmes might look good all dolled up ready for a night out on the town, but why they hell does she put so much makeup on to play a game of football?! There's a few that do it, but she overdoes it.

...and AFAIK the correct pronunciation of Holmes is 'Homes', not 'Hole-mns' Commentators said it every time and i cringed every time.

Reply #37
Meh, the girls wearing make up is no different to the blokes waxing all body hair, ensuring the hair on their head is immaculately styled and full of product to keep it in place for 120 mins. What ever makes them comfortable, as long as they can find/win the agot and either handball/kick it to someone with the same jumper as theirs, or slot it through the big sticks more often than not.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Meh, the girls wearing make up is no different to the blokes waxing all body hair, ensuring the hair on their head is immaculately styled and full of product to keep it in place for 120 mins. What ever makes them comfortable, as long as they can find/win the agot and either handball/kick it to someone with the same jumper as theirs, or slot it through the big sticks more often than not.

Tend to agree.  Apart from there being nothing wrong with looking good, a lot of make up has an SPF rating these days and, while it wasn't sunny for the game, it was at a high UV time.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
I reckon one position you'd never volunteer to play in the women's game is full forward. No chance of kicking a bagful with the lack of scoring.