Skip to main content
Topic: Tom Petty (Read 4144 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tom Petty

Reply #1
His death was just reported on the ABC news but it seems that they have gone early too.

Here's hoping Tom can pull through.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
All the major media outlets troll websites like Reddit for their news, they all wrongly reported him dead earlier today. But by the sounds of it, things are not so good for him.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Hang in there Tom!

The waiting is the hardest part.

(just couldn't resist)

Reply #4
Hang in there Tom!

The waiting is the hardest part.

(just couldn't resist)

Tom didnt make it...manager confirmed his passing.....tough early life and too many drugs probably took its toll.

Reply #5
Tom didnt make it...manager confirmed his passing.....tough early life and too many drugs probably took its toll.

The closer you get to 66 the less it seems like a good and long life.

I suppose he can't complain, he would have had some stories to tell!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
The closer you get to 66 the less it seems like a good and long life.

I suppose he can't complain, he would have had some stories to tell!

He was doing some shows with his band so I guess he died doing what he loved..
Yep 66 is one year short of the pension age now.....makes you do a reality check
of where you are and where you are going.
Watched a Doco on Nth Korea with older folk collecting grass to eat so I reckon us and Tom dont have too much to complain about...

Reply #7
RIP Tom Petty. One of the greats. You and Stevie Nicks singing Stop Dragin' My Heart Around - Wow!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
He was doing some shows with his band so I guess he died doing what he loved..
Yep 66 is one year short of the pension age now.....makes you do a reality check
of where you are and where you are going.
Watched a Doco on Nth Korea with older folk collecting grass to eat so I reckon us and Tom dont have too much to complain about...
Yes, and i'm 60, not far short...lol.

Reply #9
RIP Tom Petty. One of the greats. You and Stevie Nicks singing Stop Dragin' My Heart Around - Wow!

Agree - very sad day.

Could write a hell of a song.

Reply #10
There is a Tom Petty doco on Netflix that is worth watching if you are half interested... but it does go for 4 hours.

Reply #11
RIP.
Another Wilbury travels on.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12

Thanks for reminding me of that duet Baggers.

RIP Charlie T Wilbury Jnr aka Muddy Wilbury - only two fifths of the Wilburys left now  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Amen. RIP Tom.
Finals, then 4 in a row!