Skip to main content
Topic: For The Record (Read 9077 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: For The Record

Reply #30
"For The Record: Australian Pop Culture 1964 -2017" was finally published today.

It covers the facts, figures and fun that made the soundtrack to our lives.

And I cover the success of Carlton a bit too!!

If you want to see what it looks like go to www.fortherecordbook.com.au
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #31
Some nice work there Willie(Steve), hope you have some stuff about " the Johnnys" in the book, one of my fav Aus bands.....
Nice CV in the Industry you have there, did you ever do any work with a guy called Jim Barbour?
Great effort to get the book out after all you have been through and hope it is very successful and you can start getting the premiership edition on the drawing board... ;)

Reply #32
Some nice work there Willie(Steve), hope you have some stuff about " the Johnnys" in the book, one of my fav Aus bands.....
Nice CV in the Industry you have there, did you ever do any work with a guy called Jim Barbour?
Great effort to get the book out after all you have been through and hope it is very successful and you can start getting the premiership edition on the drawing board... ;)

Agree EB. Best of luck Steve. Hope you smash some sales records.

Reply #33
"For The Record: Australian Pop Culture 1964 -2017" was finally published today.

It covers the facts, figures and fun that made the soundtrack to our lives.

And I cover the success of Carlton a bit too!!

If you want to see what it looks like go to www.fortherecordbook.com.au

That is bloody good stuff, Steve. I wish you every possible success. I just checked out your link and nearly fell out of my chair!!! We worked together at GG in the very early 90s... hahaha, if that don't beat all. Great to see your mischievous face again. I'll PM you... amazing... and now I recall all our chats about the Mighty BlueBaggers!  :o :o
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34
I'm looking forward to my copy arriving; it may help to piece together some vague recollections of the late 60s and early 70s  :P
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
Thanks for all your kind words everybody!

I'm currently run off my feet with orders, which is very flattering...

Elwood, I do know Jim Babour (lovely bloke) from when I was invited to Swinburn to talk to his radio classes.

Baggers, what a wonderfully small world.  3GG rocked, back in the day!!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #36
Thanks for all your kind words everybody!

I'm currently run off my feet with orders, which is very flattering...

Elwood, I do know Jim Babour (lovely bloke) from when I was invited to Swinburn to talk to his radio classes.

Baggers, what a wonderfully small world.  3GG rocked, back in the day!!

Sure did. Just so others can know what we're rabbiting on about... WW (Steve) and I worked at 3GG together at the beginning of the 90s -- just found out through this site!!! -- he was the Program Manager -- in charge of music/dj's/programming etc -- and I was the Ops Mngr. WW wouldn't tell you this but I can, he had that station sounding absolutely brilliant, had a natural flair and ability for what was a progressive/up/lively sound and went on to be very successful in highly competitive markets.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17