Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427605 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #15
Mostly correct Kruddler. Those at risk of dying are over 60 with a pre-existing condition (immune deficiency, respiratory or cardiovascular disease, diabetes etc). Many people who get it either don't have any symptoms, or just get a common cold. Other coronaviruses that have been around forever cause about 25% of cases of common cold. But one interesting thing about COVID-19 is that children are grossly under-represented in those who are getting sick from it, the experts are not sure why, but if you're under 18 you are very likely to not even know you've got it. Similar in some ways to diseases like chicken pox, if you get it young enough you barely show any symptoms at all, but get it as an adult and it can knock you around big time

Yes.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/why-children-arent-getting-sick-from-coronavirus/news-story/9a40bc00c6087ea5926254d551162d61

Reply #16
Some may have already read/heard the stats on CV, but supposedly only 2% of the people that get it, die. Most of them are old.
If you are under the age of 50 and get CV, you have a 0.2% chance of death......and i'm tipping most of that 0.2% are either already sick and/or are children/infants.
Young kids, infants and children, generally don't get it, they don't know why but they are working to find out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
From what I've read, this year's version of the flu will have a greater impact than COVID-19.

As Lance Corporal Jones used to say, "Don't Panic!"  Or was it. "They don't like it up 'em!"?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
From what I've read, this year's version of the flu will have a greater impact than COVID-19.

As Lance Corporal Jones used to say, "Don't Panic!"  Or was it. "They don't like it up 'em!"?
Influenza has killed 16,000 people in the USA this season, COVID19 has killed 2

Reply #20
The overreaction to this is ridiculous and bereft of any common sense

Reply #21
The overreaction to this is ridiculous and bereft of any common sense

Would I be too cynical if I suggested that governments were using COVID-19 to draw attention away from incompetence, corruption, or a combination thereof?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
Would I be too cynical if I suggested that governments were using COVID-19 to draw attention away from incompetence, corruption, or a combination thereof?

Not at all.  We have good reason for our suspicions with every level of govt.

Reply #23
A little bit from Column A, and a little bit from Column B! ;D

You'd think, given oldies are at far greater risk of COVID-19, if the Saudis, Iran or the Taliban wanted to disrupt the US they could just send young infected asymptomatic hosts to frequent the vicinity of the USA's crusty politicians as there is hardly a one under 70 years of age!

Much the same for the West versus China's or Russia's Communist Party!

The Rise of the Gretas!

Where did I put my fly swatter?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24

Or, how's this for a conspiracy theory, haven't heard of too many more riots in Hong Kong since this all hit? Just sayin.

Reply #25
To every imbecile who has panic purchased boxes and boxes of toilet paper, may you contract gastro/diarrhoea that has you sitting on the toilet for a week or two >:(  Anyone got any old newpapers or CheatsFC magazines lying around that I could put to good use?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27

Yes, agreed.

I listened to a show last night that was a couple of doctors who volunteer in China, it sounds very similar to the video above. They said the biggest problem seems to be that people who test positive for COVID-19 are often also infected with the current Influenza, the coincident infections are a big problem for the elderly.

All this paranoia reminds me of a video showing Naomi Campbell giving advice about safe travel, telling people to wear masks, gloves and sit in a window seat. The video shows her wiping everything down with Dettol wipes, like she is isolating herself from Ebola, before she sits down for the flight of course in 1st or Business class! ::) I wonder if she is sponsored by Dettol , the wipes by the way do pretty much squat for prevention of any coronavirus or any virus, but they could be useful for bacteria?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Lock yourself away, no travel ban for Italians!

The Nonnas are coming,
The Nonnas are coming,
The Nonnas are coming!

The Force Awakens!