Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427662 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #5625
There’s some hope on the social media front: Meet The Medical Experts Debunking COVID Misinformation On TikTok, HuffPost.

Can say I saw a brilliant one shared on facebook where someone was saying all the typical anit vaccine statements, and they had a scientest overlay responding and correcting.

Was brilliant, but I cant find a way to share on here. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5626
Can say I saw a brilliant one shared on facebook where someone was saying all the typical anit vaccine statements, and they had a scientest overlay responding and correcting.

Was brilliant, but I cant find a way to share on here.
Was it a young US doctor? I can't think of her name but there is a young US doctor who has published a whole swath of myth debunking TikTok videos targeted at adolescents to stop them being impacted by activist fear mongering. I don't have TikTok but I've seen one or two examples presented in mainstream media.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5627
Cookie, its the square button/icon with the tick and scribble next to the large check in button that you click to go through to the QR target screen. Took me a while to work out you have to click that to access your vaccination certificates.
This is after of course you have done the linking with the MyGov/Medicare stuff and followed the steps..

Thanks EB. I dont yet have that button.  Mine is a button to view check in history.  Maybe it takes a while for the link to become active?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5628
Thanks EB. I dont yet have that button.  Mine is a button to view check in history.  Maybe it takes a while for the link to become active?
Should appear as soon as the App updates, maybe your App isn't updating?

I suppose it could be carrier related, they can and do block some Apps and updates at various times to control bandwidth.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5629
Should appear as soon as the App updates, maybe your App isn't updating?

I suppose it could be carrier related, they can and do block some Apps and updates at various times to control bandwidth.
Thanks LP
App update shows "Pending ".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5630

Northern Territory announces mandatory vaccines for workers and $5000 fines for those who don’t comply

One Australian jurisdiction has announced one of the strictest vaccine mandates in the world with certain people facing huge fines.

Looks like vaccine mandates cover the whole of Australia and were put in place by both Liberal and Labor Governments.

Reply #5632
Same as any other fine, I’d imagine (other than tollway fines which for some reason are dealt with more harshly). Application could be made to convert the fine to community work. I’m not sure the fines are being enforced anyway and I recall a news story a while back that few mask/isolation fines were being paid in Victoria.

Reply #5633
Same as any other fine, I’d imagine (other than tollway fines which for some reason are dealt with more harshly). Application could be made to convert the fine to community work. I’m not sure the fines are being enforced anyway and I recall a news story a while back that few mask/isolation fines were being paid in Victoria.
Probably wont be allowed to do any work in the community no jab, no work.....maybe making masks rather than number plates in jail or organ donation before those far right loony antivaxxers remains are made into biscuits Soylent green style.

Reply #5634
Not sure there’d be any demand for anti-vaxxer Soylent Green. But if they find a way to kill off the virus during production, it just might work.

Reply #5635
I suspect these big fines are Monopoly money fines. In a year’s time if Covid is safely in the rear view mirror, chances are fines will be withdrawn and fines paid will be refunded. The on-the-spot fines in the thousands of dollars are well above fines courts would impose for more serious offending.

Reply #5636
I suspect these big fines are Monopoly money fines. In a year’s time if Covid is safely in the rear view mirror, chances are fines will be withdrawn and fines paid will be refunded. The on-the-spot fines in the thousands of dollars are well above fines courts would impose for more serious offending.
I'm not so sure, the piggy banks will be empty but I'm sure they will still be funding bonuses somewhere somehow!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5637
It would be hard to get done for working in contravention of the covid mandate as employers will be after proof of vaccination. Should workers provide forged vaccination certificates or faked exemptions, the proverbial will hit the fan with more serious charges. Forgery and deception charges would be more problematic than a fine. An employer who allows unvaccinated workers to work when prohibited will be a more tasty target for prosecution that the workers themselves. No doubt the anti-vax movement needs a martyr and someone will put up his or her hand to do the honours.

Reply #5638
Update from the anti-vax conspiracy theory guy i kicked off site on Monday...

Called him today, and he showed up, with vaccination card in hand. Said he got it that day and was sore for a couple hours and then good as gold.

If we could all turn 1 anti-vaxxer, we'd have this licked in no time!

Reply #5639
It would take more than that in the NT:
Vax rollout 'mugged' in remote parts of NT, Canberra Times.
Chief Minister Michael Gunner says the rollout has been "mugged" by the campaigners and unvaccinated people could die if the Delta variant makes it to the territory.
"At the end of the day, with all the best information, with all the goodwill, with all the repeated attempts, there are some people, in some communities, who have said 'no' to the jab, and could keep saying 'no'," he told reporters on Wednesday.
"We can't hold people down and stick the needle in their arm. It is their choice, and some are choosing against it."
Data published by the NT government shows vaccine uptake is lagging in 33 of the 51 communities.
The is no data for another 33 where the commonwealth is managing the vaccine rollout, with Mr Gunner saying the NT is "flying blind" in those communities.
Some, like Alpurrurulam in the Barkly region and Ikuntji in Central Australia, have first-dose rates below 15 per cent.
Many others have double-dose rates well below 40 per cent.
Dr Heggie says the situation has become serious as he asked "who is going to take responsibility for the first Aboriginal death (in the NT)".
"I know some of the influencers and they are from the US anti-vax lobby and faith organisations," he said.
"They are using social media, particularly in Aboriginal communities."

Dr Heggie warns that if vaccination rates remain low, the only way to save lives will be further travel restrictions in remote areas.
NT Police Commissioner Jamie Chalker said the virus could reappear in the NT at any time and it was possible unvaccinated Aboriginal Territorians could pay a heavy toll.
"Delta is mobile," he said.
"We are far too vast as a jurisdiction to prevent its entry long term."
Mr Gunner cited Yuendumu, in Central Australia, as an example of a community where the rollout was lagging.
Health workers have visited the community of 700 people six times since the rollout started in the NT, but few residents have had a jab.
Meetings have been held with leaders and elders and vaccine information has been provided in the local language, along with vaccination incentives.
"Despite all of these blitz efforts, despite the fact the vaccine has been sitting in the fridge there for months, just 20 per cent of eligible people in Yuendumu have received their first shot," Mr Gunner said.
"It is just an unfortunate reality that some Territorians, across the whole territory, have been mugged by misinformation."

Overall, 61 per cent of people in remote areas of the territory have had their first vaccine dose, with 46 per cent fully vaccinated.
Across the NT, 78 per cent of people have had their first vaccine dose and 65 per cent are fully vaccinated