Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game discussion: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 6584 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game discussion: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Gabba, Saturday 25 July, 1:05 PM

I can't see us losing this game.

Re: Pre game discussion: AFL 2020 Rd 8: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #1
This will be a real indicator of where we are at. I think everyone on this site believes we should win this and win it well but at the same time there will be an underlying feeling of dread. As has been the case many many times before these are the games we drop. If we truly have improved as a team the buck stops next Saturday.
C'mon blues, let's break the cycle of letdowns.

Reply #2
Last time we were bullied by Zeibell and Cunnington. Big Goldie will be a problem..  

Reply #3
Think we'll win it or at least we bloody should.  Ziebell out will help.  Blues by 12

Reply #4
Big Goldie will be a problem..
I think Pittonet is better suited to competing with Goldstein than that Ladhams kid today, the more aerobic types look to have Pittonet well covered.

Goldstein is fit but he is not fast, he won't get the same separation that Ladhams got.
The Force Awakens!

Pre Game Perambulations: AFL 2020 R8 Carlton vs North Melbourne at the Gabba

Reply #5
We play next Saturday at 13:05 at the 'Gabba. We still can't manage a free to air game.
I hope we can come back from the disappointment. North haven't been playing well.
Unfortunately, that is usually when we stuff up.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Perambulations: AFL 2020 R8 Carlton vs North Melbourne at the Gabba

Reply #6
I hope we don’t. We have to find a win in this game. Surely.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Re: Pre Game Perambulations: AFL 2020 R8 Carlton vs North Melbourne at the Gabba

Reply #7
Mods, I started a pre game thread for this match earlier. Please merge the two.

Thanks.

https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=5075.0

Reply #8
Big test for us.  This is a hallmark play a team into form game for us.  North have been woeful this year.  In the past, we would lose this one badly and wonder what happened. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
Gabba, Saturday 25 July, 1:05 PM

I can't see us losing this game.

Oh goodness - you had to say it.....

Reply #10
Oh goodness - you had to say it.....

:)

My mozz is very hit and miss - sometimes it works and sometimes it backfires spectacularly.  8)

On paper and in theory there is no reason why we can't win, and not just win, but really control the game pretty much from start to finish. I'm not expecting a 10 goal thumping.

North are in a bad way, not just on field with injuries, loss of form, players of average quality etc., but I reckon off field they are a little rudderless. It would take a very bad day at the office for our coaches and players to lose this one IMO.

Reply #11
We need to be ruthless and utterly crush this mob... Do the kind of damage that sets them back years.   But knowing us,  we won't turn up and hand them the win they desperately need,  and we'll all have to endure that "shinboner spirit" palaver yada yada.   I just vomited in my mouth at the thought.   F me,  we owe this mob,  less than 15 goals and we should pack up and hand the keys in.  Kill the beast Carlton,  do the job.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12
We need to be ruthless and utterly crush this mob...
I really don't care who we beat by 10 to 15 goals, as long as I live long enough to see it once more!

I'm sick of modern AFL, the whole work-safe attitude, and managing resources for next week. Just kick the crap out of whoever you are up against today and be done with it, not a gentlemanly kill, I want us to hand out a bloody murder!

I want to see some of our kids get the smell of blood in the water, instead of always being the chum!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Few Jeffrey Dahmers around here :)

Reply #14
Few Jeffrey Dahmers around here :)

I haven't seen us feast on the carcass of an opponent since the days of Dominator or Buzz! :o
The Force Awakens!