Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 87467 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #945
Crawley is certainly not a walker and Erasmus is f****** blind.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #946
Is it safe to say The Ashes series is already over after one day?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #947
Is it safe to say The Ashes series is already over after one day?
Bazball won the day for sure buts it's still a long series, the wickets are all going to be flat lifeless one day types so bowling teams out is going to be tough for both sides.

Reply #948
I'd be tempted to play a second spinner.  Pitch is a disgrace. Best test wickets provide something for everyone, not just slogging.

Reply #949
I'd be tempted to play a second spinner.  Pitch is a disgrace. Best test wickets provide something for everyone, not just slogging.
Short boundaries Prof and England are playing 7-8 batsman and the odds are 2-3 will get going every innings going the slog so I reckon tough life for spinners too.
Lyon got carted everywhere...
I think you need a couple of 150km quicks who can bang it in and force some false shots. England should have played Wood imo...losing the toss hasn't helped either and it's a shame Ashes Cricket had come down to this level that you are playing short format cricket on pitches devoid of grass and resembling something out of India..

Reply #950
When batters can drive a bloke like Boland's natural length through the off side with impunity, Im sorry but that's a crap pitch.  That said, I thought our field positions and bowling was rubbish at times, the amount of times Cummins and Lyon got worked away on the legside..... Aaaaargh.  I know they were trying to bowl stump to stump but it was too easy for blokes to get off strike.

Reply #951
Please retire Warner, you're embarassing yourself

Reply #953
I suspect the Ollie Robinson spray gives us an insight into the discomfort the Poms feel being kept out in the field, they look to have become a bit too use to 5 minute cricket, and I think if our squad is smart it will take the grind to a whole new level!

I think our current mix of bowlers are just the right antidote for Bazball, Starc tendancy to be a leaky ship might have played into the Pommie upper orders hands. Pin the Poms down and they go from Lions to Sheep!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #954
Robinson is a disgrace with his outburst and England paid for their pitch doctoring tactics. The former should be suspended for the next test for that abuse he delivered...

Reply #955
Robinson is a disgrace with his outburst and England paid for their pitch doctoring tactics. The former should be suspended for the next test for that abuse he delivered...
I think we'd be doing the Poms a favour having him suspended, he might well be dropped for Wood anyway!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #956
People might call me old fashioned but it was apalling, and his discussion afterwards was gibberish.

They're not exactly a classy mob this group of pommies.

Reply #957
People might call me old fashioned but it was apalling, and his discussion afterwards was gibberish.

They're not exactly a classy mob this group of pommies.
Agree......I might have understood if he was waving McGrath off who wasnt short on some lip advice to batsman himself but Khawaja isnt a loud abnoxious Bay13 yobbo and plays nice so Robinson is way out of line and I hope the English Management make him apologise properly in person and not through some tinny statement that their PR dept drew up.

Reply #958
Id love to beat this mob to shove it right up them but our history in this situation is not good.

Reply #959
Id love to beat this mob to shove it right up them but our history in this situation is not good.
Yes, I'm not even sure I'm brave enough to sit and watch it unfold!
The Force Awakens!