Skip to main content
Topic: Wimbeldon 2021 (Read 3030 times) previous topic - next topic

Wimbeldon 2021

So nice to see Tomljanovic call out the cheating injuries, if only a few more players would do this!

Ajla Tomljanovic took exception to Jelena Ostapenko taking a suspicious medical timeout, venting to the umpire. "'You know she's lying"

The crowd knows it, the viewers know it, the fans know it, the players know it, the officials know it, the commentators know it, and nobody does a damn thing about this abhorrent tennis player behaviour!

What the feck is wrong with Euro sport, did anyone see that dive the player took at the soccer last week, he hit the deck like he'd broken a leg, was glancing around to see if anybody noticed and then when they didn't react he got up and sprinted away! What a piece of crap player and crap human he must be!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Wimbeldon 2021

Reply #1
So nice to see Tomljanovic call out the cheating injuries, if only a few more players would do this!

Ajla Tomljanovic took exception to Jelena Ostapenko taking a suspicious medical timeout, venting to the umpire. "'You know she's lying"

The crowd knows it, the viewers know it, the fans know it, the players know it, the officials know it, the commentators know it, and nobody does a damn thing about this abhorrent tennis player behaviour!

What the feck is wrong with Euro sport, did anyone see that dive the player took at the soccer last week, he hit the deck like he'd broken a leg, was glancing around to see if anybody noticed and then when they didn't react he got up and sprinted away! What a piece of crap player and crap human he must be!
Was that the Italian guy who was "dying" in the penalty area then when his team mate scored, he sprung up to join the celebrations? Pathetic and why I hate soccer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Was that the Italian guy who was "dying" in the penalty area then when his team mate scored, he sprung up to join the celebrations? Pathetic and why I hate soccer.
Don't know and don't care, whoever he is he should be sacked, contract torn up, then sent back in time to face a Mussolini firing squad such is his craptiness as a human being!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3

Don't know and don't care, whoever he is he should be sacked, contract torn up, then sent back in time to face a Mussolini firing squad such is his craptiness as a human being!

Italian soccer is the true locus of Italian culture, the place where Opera and Religion come together. Miracles and theatrics, all on show for the paying public. I love it.

Reply #4

Saucer of milk for the girls?  Prima donna game with the sheilas.  I hate it. 

Reply #5
Its just part of the game.  Exaggerated reactions to a perceived foul.

It would be like hating footy for players touching their head like they've been decapitated by contact that brushes their head or for jumping when they feel hand contact in the back during marking contests.

I have nothing but respect an admiration for professional sportsmen (and women) of all codes because they achieve something none of us can just by taking the field.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Italian soccer is the true locus of Italian culture, the place where Opera and Religion come together. Miracles and theatrics, all on show for the paying public. I love it.
Who cares what region they are from, that staging is abhorrent, and completely disrespectful to sportspeople who are genuinely injured in the pursuit of success. As are the fake injury timeouts in tennis.

There should be fines for this behaviour an order of magnitude higher than any other offense, $100K or $1M, it's making a mockery of the concept of good sport! In fact it's not sport at all, it more likely to fit the bill of grifting!

For me, this sort of staging for frees is far far worse than the Hand of God!

We need the bloke below handling the MRP for these cases!

They'll shoot a referee for making an honest mistake in Sth America, but they'll laud a player who cheats the system and it is cheating there is no debate about that!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Who cares what region they are from, that staging is abhorrent, and completely disrespectful to sportspeople who are genuinely injured in the pursuit of success. As are the fake injury timeouts in tennis.

There should be fines for this behaviour an order of magnitude higher than any other offense, $100K or $1M, it's making a mockery of the concept of good sport! In fact it's not sport at all, it more likely to fit the bill of grifting!

For me, this sort of staging for frees is far far worse than the Hand of God!

We need the bloke below handling the MRP for these cases!

They'll shoot a referee for making an honest mistake in Sth America, but they'll laud a player who cheats the system and it is cheating there is no debate about that!

Its not cheating if the foul is there.  The game happens in fast pace without stoppages and what appears like non contact actually hurts like buggery.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
Its not cheating if the foul is there.  The game happens in fast pace without stoppages and what appears like non contact actually hurts like buggery.\
You have to have contact for it to hurt, many times the dives are completely free of contact from all video angles, video does not lie but people do! This is no different to Goodes throwing himself to the deck from an air swing, it's abhorrent behaviour.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9

That surprises me Pauly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
I notice Raducanu's retirement against Tomljanovic has caused a stir, mostly because McEnroe roughly implied to the Woke generations that they need to toughen up a bit, that life isn't a box of chocolates and if you want success against the best you need to learn to deal with the stress in competition. This came after the kid retired from breathing difficulties(Assumed to be hyperventilation/hypertension) Now I'm paraphrasing because McEnroe didn't actually say that, but that is what all the Woke critics heard.

However, as insensitive as McEnroe seems, I tend to agree!

Also had to laugh at Channel Nine news(The Dots), reporting on her pending match with Barty they described Tomljanovic as an up and coming next generation Aussie player. If I recall correctly Tomljanovich is 3 or 4 years older than Barty! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
Staging illness, faking contact, shining lasers in the player's eyes.

It's just a epidemic of cheating in Euro sport.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Staging illness, faking contact, shining lasers in the player's eyes.

It's just a epidemic of cheating in Euro sport.

Sheilas game.  But using lasers?  Jail time.  No question @LP

Reply #13
I blame 99. She used a mirror to temporarily blind a bikie who was charging at Maxwell Smart in a motorbike jousting duel, allowing Max to knock him off his motorbike. Once the genie’s out of the bottle ...

Reply #14
Novak is the GOAT. Rafa and Federer are fading, and don't look capable of winning another big title. The younger crop of players don't seem capable of taking the next step. Novak's W/L against the other two is superior. He's equal on slams won. He's still playing great tennis and more slams and the Olympic gold are well within reach.

Well played ND.