Skip to main content
Topic: This is the POTUS? (Read 4414 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This is the POTUS?

Reply #15
No, I think he means "Don't bother looking here". I wish I'd been told that before clicking on the link.

Reply #16
It had SFA to do with a speech imediment.  The rambling incoherent message he gave was in question ... man on the moon?  FFS

It has everything to do with his speech impediment.

It's telling that only Sky News Australia is running with his difficulties with that interview.  The less rabid media outlets are focusing on his recent announcements and the Oligarch's Australian minions have little influence in the USA.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
Interesting that Biden's ratings in the polls are declining (from a relatively low starting point), but he's still ahead of the bloke who was POTUS before him  ::)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Biden's starting approval rating is significantly lower than most previous POTUSs (I can't believe George Bush's rating was so high!).  It is a low point in US politics, whichever way you look at it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Think the Chinese can relax, tell the army to stand down and just watch the USA self destruct.....Joe wouldnt know what planet he was on.
Rita Panahi, you are going to offer up Rita Panahi as supporting evidence, a Murdoch finger puppet, really?? ?? ?? ??

Why didn't that clip run the full statement / question Biden was responding to, the discussion in the immediate lead up to that response?

I know you are better than this @ElwoodBlues1 , you don't have to join in with those fools of social media and 144 character essays, it's below you!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Rita Panahi, you are going to offer up Rita Panahi as supporting evidence, a Murdoch finger puppet, really?? ?? ?? ??

Why didn't that clip run the full statement / question Biden was responding to, the discussion in the immediate lead up to that response?

I know you are better than this @ElwoodBlues1 , you don't have to join in with those fools of social media and 144 character essays, it's below you!
Its not Bidens politics and I could show you many more Biden clips that are not Rita Panahi connected and the result will be the same. He is incoherent and struggles to make himself understood, I'm not a fan of Panahi's attitude towards Biden as he isnt well IMHO and has the onset of dementia. There is nothing funny about watching a bloke who fought for his nation and obviously had plenty to offer when he was younger now struggling with these issues now he is older.
He needs to retire gracefully, get the best care and leave what is a difficult job to those who are more capable. I watched my own father mentally decline in his later years and its sad to see capable people no longer able to function at even basic tasks...

Reply #21
He needs to retire gracefully, get the best care and leave what is a difficult job to those who are more capable. I watched my own father mentally decline in his later years and its sad to see capable people no longer able to function at even basic tasks..
Didn't you support the appointment of Mick Malthouse, I'm sure you had a crack at me about being ageist back then?

I'm not really concerned either way, but I do fear we as a society far too readily accept D-Grade journalism as direct evidence, this stuff grows legs, often when it's pre-tainted in shizen by some media bigot before it's set free!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
He won't even respond to simple questions and just walks away.  Don't load that on Panahi.

That originates from US networks and then left to his rear guard mouthpiece Psaki to defend.  He is mocked for very good reason.

Reply #23
Joe Biden is certainly far from perfect, and not far from hanging up the boots it would seem.

But at least he is not a lying bully who has little regard for democracy and relies on the self-created declaration of 'fake news' to hide his sins.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #24
Joe Biden is certainly far from perfect, and not far from hanging up the boots it would seem.

But at least he is not a lying bully who has little regard for democracy and relies on the self-created declaration of 'fake news' to hide his sins.

I've never once suggested Trump was anything but flawed so allow me to again make that clear.

But Biden (along with Harris), with monumental increases in murders and rampant crime, inflation, open (Mexican) borders, trillions borrowed for little that will cripple the economy for years to come, his son's graft, 900 Americans still stranded in Afghanistan, the country is in a godawful mess. 

Reply #25
But Biden (along with Harris), with monumental increases in murders and rampant crime, inflation, open (Mexican) borders, trillions borrowed for little that will cripple the economy for years to come, his son's graft, 900 Americans still stranded in Afghanistan, the country is in a godawful mess.
For stuff that is at least in some significant fraction the result of the evils of a predecessor?

For example, I gather Trump's rioting supporters make up a nice chunk of the growth in crime, looting, assaults and murders, or do we just gloss over the way they contribute to the USA's wider instability?

Is the finger pointing a perspective that is only about the USA, when Trump withdrew the troops millions of otherwise innocent Afghanis were put at imminent risk, or is the USA not part of Earth?

When Trump started his trade war with China, mostly it was small allies like Australia that suffered the consequence, it's had very little impact on the USA.

Also, I don't see how referencing already debunked and withdrawn claims about Hunter Biden legitimises your claim, and it seems somewhat spurious because if you do include him you have to include Donald Jr, Ivanka, Eric and Tiffany as well, I presume Baron gets a pass given he's still a minor. To me it makes your argument appear somewhat biased / imbalanced!

In reality, none of them are relevant, although those recent Donald Jr text messages are a doozy! Nero anybody?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
A political system that throws up Biden and Trump as the president is probably fairly flawed, but if we look back at their predeccors, especially since the second world war, it's never been a system  that's produced a lot of 'greatness' in terns of leadership, despite the hype surrounding some of them.

Reply #27
A political system that throws up Biden and Trump as the president is probably fairly flawed, but if we look back at their predeccors, especially since the second world war, it's never been a system  that's produced a lot of 'greatness' in terns of leadership, despite the hype surrounding some of them.
Yes it makes choice rather arbitrary, they may as well separate their identities by wearing different coloured ties, tan and beige perhaps!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
To me it makes your argument appear somewhat biased / imbalanced!

Hardly surprised in reading that ... after all, you just have to be right.

Reply #29
To me it makes your argument appear somewhat biased / imbalanced!

Hardly surprised in reading that ... after all, you just have to be right.
Actually I've not picked a side at all, just commenting on the selective arguments being provided relative to what appears to be the wider reality.

But as opposed to being right or wrong, and given you didn't discuss the points I made about balance, maybe you have just proven my comments  to at least be accurate compared to fanciful! ;)
The Force Awakens!