Skip to main content
Topic: Tasmania - League expansion or relocate/JV for a club  (Read 1887 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tasmania - League expansion or relocate/JV for a club

Reply #15
No, it just happens that the US come up with more stupid stuff than anyone else. For the record, I hate ALL US sports.
I have a love/hate relationship with the US.

I hate the the way they view themselves and the rest of the world.
I love the way they are streets ahead in terms of sports and getting things working. Any problem we have in the AFL, the americans have had it, and sorted it....usually decades earlier.

Even if you don't like the sports, you have to realise there are some pretty smart blokes behind it....a lot smarter than we have got going on here.

Reply #16
Im neither here nor there on conferences.

Ultimately the afl won't want it after working hard to grow the game across the nation.  We'd essentially revert to the vfl vs the others.

The danger there becomes player movement.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
See what i mean @flyboy77

If i could show you similar from another country, would it make a difference?

Wow, that's funny (the responses_).

Kind of like what I get when I suggest CV19 is over hyped....

Feel free - what works in other countries. The US is only 1 country folks!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18
Because the fixture isn't even,  conferences can be hidden within it.   Eg every team once and then divide last years ladder into three and each group of six play each other twice.

I can't imagine conferences given a run.  Clubs already have a lot of influence in the fixture, and it seems to be written to maximise $$, not fairness.

There would be a huge bun fight for lower attendance clubs to have the bigger ones in their division.

Reply #19
Typically gutless from the AFL...  Yet another review but no decision.  "Kicked the can down the road" - the most apt description. 

Followed by the "some club should relocate, as long as its not mine".  Two prime contenders (both wear vertical stripes), but some other club will be bludgeoned into it.   We need to be careful.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?