Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS (Read 5607 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS

GWS are playing well. We have half a side available. No guesses as to how this will turn out.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Promise AFL Rd 23: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
There is no promise. There was no heart.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Bottom 4, here we come by the way things are going at the moment.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Might be best to forfeit this one.

Reply #5
This is winnable - it all comes down to the coach.  If theirs breaks down on the way to the ground we might be a chance given enough head start.

Reply #6
ianh....based on the form line of the last two weeks, not remotely winnable. GWS playing great footy with big name players out, toppling Geelong (at home) and Richmond. Look at our last two performances and I'd say the white flag has gone up on the season. It'll be Eddie's last game but that made no difference yesterday for Murphy's 300th and last. GWS might need to win to make the 8 so they'll be desperate......we won't.

Reply #7
We are a rabble, virtually coachless and the players likely ignoring everything TT says. Another flogging highly likely.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
I'm usually optimistic but this is only going one way. How happy are GWS knowing they get to play us to hold their finals spot.

We did nothing for Murphy's final game, so guessing they'll do nothing for Eddie's either.

Reply #9
It's imperative to lose this game, it means nothing to us other than gaining an earlier draft pick if we drop down the ladder.

If we stupidly win we hand CheatsFC a chance at making the eight!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
It's imperative to lose this game, it means nothing to us other than gaining an earlier draft pick if we drop down the ladder.

If we stupidly win we hand CheatsFC a chance at making the eight!
I dont think we could win if we wanted to, and that sort of thinking is what got us into this mess to begin with.

We must play to win every time we take the field. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
I dont think we could win if we wanted to, and that sort of thinking is what got us into this mess to begin with.

We must play to win every time we take the field.
Before that, we first need Wet Toast to win today, and they have got off to a shaky start!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
GWS will be very motivated to win, I think a good performance effort wise for 4 quarters for us would be a win and we
can get some more games into our kids which is a bonus.

Reply #13
I'm usually optimistic but this is only going one way. How happy are GWS knowing they get to play us to hold their finals spot.

We did nothing for Murphy's final game, so guessing they'll do nothing for Eddie's either.

You took the words right out of my mouth, but I won't be singing at the GF 😉
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
Looks like it will be Levi's last game as well as Eddie's. I really hope we do a better job for them than we did last week for Marc Murphy. He really deserved better than that.
Live Long and Prosper!