Skip to main content
Topic: A message from SOS (Read 4294 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A message from SOS

Reply #45
Longer term Kemp will be a mid @ElwoodBlues1‍ , unless something goes horribly wrong.

The problem that I see is we have too many Plowman / Newman types, it seems to be a trend in our recruiting history, to pick up a shed load of one type of player. Long term only one of Plowman or Newman should survive assuming short term Kemp stays fit, and specially now we've got Hewett.

Will we keep hold of O'Brien, can he progress further in 2022?

If we pick up another KPD, would we release Weitering further up the ground?

Are the rumours that Marchbank is good for Rnd 1 true?

Where does Charlie play?

Do we keep McGovern?

Lots of water to pass under this bridge yet!
Watched a bit of Kemp in the U18's and he is your classic Jeremy Howe/Jake Lever  type player IMO and will play the half back interceptor role.
Might make a good wingman but why waste him there when he could be doing a more important job down back, dont think he would hold up as a mid as he does pick up injuries and I want that marking ability where it counts.
He was one of the few highlights last season how he came in and showed some coolness down back and is one who seems to be able to defend and also provide some drive. He has some bigger players to mind and stuck to the job well, I'm a real fan and he is a player who gives me some hope.

Re: A message from SOS

Reply #46
Watched a bit of Kemp in the U18's and he is your classic Jeremy Howe/Jake Lever  type player IMO and will play the half back interceptor role.
Might make a good wingman but why waste him there when he could be doing a more important job down back, dont think he would hold up as a mid as he does pick up injuries and I want that marking ability where it counts.
He was one of the few highlights last season how he came in and showed some coolness down back and is one who seems to be able to defend and also provide some drive. He has some bigger players to mind and stuck to the job well, I'm a real fan and he is a player who gives me some hope.

While I suspect that Kemp's toolkit might be more suited to midfield than Williams's bag of tricks, I think he has the potential to be an outstanding defender.  He has a bit of size but is quick and agile and looks confident when under pressure in defence.  I think that he would respond well to Vossy/Sammy and could be an integral part of a new defensive structure.

Is the fact that we're recruiting genuine midfielders an indication that we've given up on transforming defenders/forwards into midfielders (and vice versa)?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball