Skip to main content
Topic: Bonza Air (Read 1293 times) previous topic - next topic

Bonza Air

Watch this airline go bust ... 737 x 186 seats on regional routes?  These clowns know feck all about aviation and route densities.  No business plan, no schedule, no AOC, no reservations system, no gates, no check in systems, no fares, no clue.  Yank $ backed joke.  

Re: Bonza Air

Reply #1
Watch this airline go bust ... 737 x 186 seats on regional routes?  These clowns know feck all about aviation and route densities.  No business plan, no schedule, no AOC, no reservations system, no gates, no check in systems, no fares, no clue.  Yank $ backed joke.
So they are going to run a local discount bus route like LA / Tuscon, just walk in and pay at the gate?

I read somewhere Syd / Melb is the busiest direct link in the world, could it work, what happens if they enter the market and ticket prices are a 5th of the current fares?

In the USA flying culture is different, I've seen people refuse a seat and opt to wait 3hrs for the next flight because they didn't want to pay Business, here it is justified because the difference is hundreds of dollars but on that LA / Tuscon route the difference at the time was about $30. A lot of people opt to go standby, they'll sit their at the gate all freaking day waiting for the cheap seats, rather than pay the extra so Business is almost empty on an otherwise full flight, good for me! ;D

PS; I know a guy who will do that in any circumstance, even for business, he's about 200cm and 150kg, and will pack himself into the back row 10 wide seats of a discount Asian airline for a flight to London, it's like putting a line-backer into a child seat! He says he hates flying, it makes his back hurt and he can't sleep, him and everyone around him! He had a big barny once at the check-in counter, when one of the LC Asian Domestic carriers required him to pay full fare for an exit row seat, they said he was too big for their regular spacing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
So they are going to run a local discount bus route like LA / Tuscon, just walk in and pay at the gate?

I read somewhere Syd / Melb is the busiest direct link in the world, could it work, what happens if they enter the market and ticket prices are a 5th of the current fares?

They're hoping for a BNE to Gladstone / Cairns / Mackay  SYD to Dubbo / Tamworth / Canberra / Albury / Wagga MEL to Albury / Hobart / Adelaide type route public offering to pay off .... whatever etc etc.

None will work.  SYD MEL and SYD BNE are both huge city pairs and they're already flooded with cheap seats and schedule overload.  So no go there either.  Tiger failed.  So will these clowns.  They won't even launch.

REX is already in deep sh1t and cut back its ops.  Bonza Air CEO is a duckhead.

Reply #3
Yep, we tried to get on the milk run from Cairns to Hamilton Island when Qantas had a plane go down for "maintenance" which resulted in us almost getting stranded in Cairns, whilst on holiday.  Ended up getting in a car with some American Tourists to make it down to Airlie Beach and got onto a ferry out there instead.

Very close call.  Add another carrier always seems to have our aviation industry thinking people will fly more.

Right now, is the stupidest time to expect people will travel more than they used to.

i expect the opposite is true, and vaccine or not, people are still going to be covid cautious. I know Im not keep to spread my wings until 2025
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson