Skip to main content
Topic: Congratulation Sam Walsh - B+F winner 2021 (Read 6301 times) previous topic - next topic

Congratulation Sam Walsh - B+F winner 2021

Walsh wins with 183 votes
Weitering a close 2nd

183 Walsh
172 Weitering
117 McKay
112 Cripps
100 Ed Curnow
97 Saad
86 Plowman
80 Jones
75 Betts
71 Silvagni

Re: Congratulation Sam Walsh - B+F winner 2021

Reply #1
Everybody's whipping boy Lachie Plowman polls well again. Even i'm surprised he got more votes than Jones, but there you go.

About time he gets some respect.

Reply #2
At a minimum I'd be swapping the votes of Jones and Cripps. Jones was super this year.

Reply #3
And congratulations to Walsh.

Reply #4
Closer than many people had it, the coaches love defenders.

Plowman, just keeps committing to the contest, I bet he is a favourite of Weitering and Jones! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Well done to Walsh and, also Weitering.

Probably one of the keys to performing well in these type of awards is not only how the coaches see things and their expectations (which don't always match the supporters), but actually getting on the field...and we had our share of injury troubles this year.
All of the top ten, bar Silvagni, played at least 19 games.

Reply #6
Sensational year by Walsh but only winning by 11... I love Weit but really? And Plowman - indictment on the playing group that he makes top 10... as well as those voting obviously.

Reply #7
Congratulations to Sam Walsh on the first of what should be several hotly contested John Nicholls medals ... and runner-up Jacob Weitering will undoubtedly snare a few more in the years to come.

I reckon the top ten really do capture our best performers for the season ... but the Plowman detractors will continue to fail to see how valuable he is to our defence.  Ed Curnow's fifth place should also pour cold water on ideas that he's past it.

Eddie's ninth place is interesting.  Could he have gone around again?  Probably, but at what cost in terms of his wellbeing and the progression of the likes of Owies and Honey.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
634205627]
Everybody's whipping boy Lachie Plowman polls well again. Even i'm surprised he got more votes than Jones, but there you go.

About time he gets some respect.

Not really. The award is a joke and pretty much fixed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #9
Not really. The award is a joke and pretty much fixed.
It's a coach's award and is hugely influenced  by the role they're asked to play, and also by the number of games they play...but you probably wouldn't get a lot of argument about the top 3...only perhaps the margins.

Reply #10
It's a coach's award and is hugely influenced  by the role they're asked to play, and also by the number of games they play...but you probably wouldn't get a lot of argument about the top 3...only perhaps the margins.

While money (bonuses) is involved in placings it is never going to be legit.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #11
While money (bonuses) is involved in placings it is never going to be legit.
It's all a scam, eh?

I didn't realise Plowman was that clever, manipulating the club for profit, seems odd given a lot of his haters spend all day telling us how dumb he is! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
What's more believable a club manipulating it's best and fairest to suit  their salary cap or channel 7 all secretly barracking for the bombers or the the AFL having secret anti Carlton meetings?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
I'm a believer in "None of the above" ;)
Next thing they'll be telling us is that "Captain Kirk never went to Space" ;D

If every one of our best 22(3) played every game you might get a slightly different result down the order,
Plowman might have dropped a bit, but clearly the coaching group were generally happy with how he performed.
Of course most of them have now gone and with different expectations might come different criteria for a top 10 finish.

But...
Walsh, Weitering and McKay were our best in order.
No problems with the result.

Reply #14
Well done Walshi., and well done Weitering too.

Also well done to Plowman. Once again in the top few as he has been in the past few years.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.