Skip to main content
Topic: China (Read 7149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: China

Reply #15
What did you think about Penny Wong bullying Kimberly Kitching? Take your Labour hat off and answer truthfully.
A disturbing story imho and the now Prime Minister should have ordered a proper investigation but given Ms Wongs high profile and the damage politically it might have caused pre election that was never going to happen.
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/video-captured-moment-at-centre-of-kimberley-kitching-bullying-claims/news-story/67968f8aad13b6420941cac6806bfbd1
I would be interested to know when Senator Kitching had her vaccine booster as well....

Reply #16
There is too much of this issue that is hearsay, and a video like that is somewhat meaningless in the absence of audio, they could just as easily be discussing the misogyny of political foes or planning a night on the tiles!

Unfortunately it's pretty common practise in modern media to find a bunch of fragments and fill in the gaps with the media's preferred facts, and they know well and true that once they told you the story you cannot forget it, even if it later proves to be fake you will still hold doubts.

People think these politicians are arch enemies, in reality most of them end up in the same bar or restaurant at the end of the day having a feed and piss up together! In a period of many weeks or several months there would be hundreds of opportunities for such a discussion between any two politicians, on or off the record!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Are you serious, EB? The issue was whether Senator Kitching had leaked plans for a question time attack on a Liberal minister. If she had, then Labor pollies were within their rights to cut her out of the loop. If the Minister. Linda Reynolds, had smeared Kitching with that allegation when it was untrue, then it's shame on her.

This is not like schoolgirls ganging up on another schoolgirl because she has a bad haircut. There's no suggestion there were attacks made on her that weren't related to political needs. Maintaining confidences with party colleagues is pretty high up on the list of things that pollies are supposed to do. Doing an Akermanis and spilling the beans about team plans aint cool in footy or in politics. Another example in the footy world is Luke Beveridge's attack on Michael Talia when he believed he'd leaked game plans to his brother before the Dogs played the Crows in a final. Kitching didn't suggest that the punishment didn't fit the crime either. Her complaint was that she'd been found guilty by her colleagues when she was innocent. But correct or not, determinations about who can be trusted and who can't be trusted have to be made in politics without the benefit of criminal investigations.

By the way, SloMo sent Fiona Martin to Coventry after she crossed the floor during the vote on the amendments to the Religious Discrimination Bill. He singled her out from the other 4 because according to him (which she denies) Martin had misled him about her intentions. Party support was largely pulled from her reelection campaign which she duly lost.

Politics is all about pressuring colleagues and opponents. The very fact there are parliamentary Whips is the embodiment of that sort of pressure. Unless there's some improper personal aspect to it, such as doing a Harvey Weinstein, or some improper methods are used, then is there any issue? Politics is a tough game. Female politicians shouldn't be expected to behave like besties at morning tea just because they're female.  

I'm not surprised this comes from Murdoch's rags. That's a reason of itself to ignore it.

Reply #18
What did you think about Penny Wong bullying Kimberly Kitching? Take your Labour hat off and answer truthfully.
Saint Penny is untouchable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
Given the lack of blowback when the Liberals made a thing of Julia Gillard being childless, I'd imagine there would have been nothing made of it at all. After all, Murdoch wouldn't allow it.

Reply #21
ABC new report from March this year:
In 2019, the ABC reported that Senator Kitching was the subject of a hurtful gibe during an ALP parliamentary meeting.

Senior Labor figures were debating whether to back a Greens Senate motion expressing support for school children engaging in "civil disobedience" at climate protests.

Senator Kitching was adamant the party should not support the motion, arguing it would be an exercise in futile "virtue signalling", observing that some parents might want their kids to be at school.
A senior member of the Left shot back at her: "Well, if you had children, you might understand why there is a climate emergency."
Journalist Sam Maiden identified this person as Penny Wong in her 2020 book, Party Animal
Penny Wong is facing claims she bullied Kimberley Kitching, who died of a heart attack earlier this month.(ABC News: Matt Roberts)
The ABC did not identify Senator Wong in the 2019 article, at the request of Senator Kitching. She wanted it known what had been said to her — witnessed by several other senior Labor figures — but did not want to start "World War III".
She had revealed the exchange to the ABC in the hope it would encourage greater respect.
One Labor senator, who declined to be named, said the treatment of Senator Kitching by some of her colleagues was "disgusting" and had added to the stress of her preselection endorsement being long delayed.

Ms Wong is a nasty piece of work as this article shows pre the Senator Reynolds incident,
, yep ScoMo's dealing with Parliamentary female staffer issues were horrendous but its clear Kimberly Kitching was no favorite of Ms Wongs for a long time and was bullied for a while imho.

Several of Senator Kitching's colleagues have told the ABC that the 52-year-old, who died from a suspected heart attack a week ago, cited the alleged bullying when she was undergoing workplace education on November 5 last year.

The hour-long "safe and respectful workplace training", which was part of the government's response to Brittany Higgins's rape allegation, was conducted by a facilitator over Zoom as part of a Department of Finance program.

Senator Kitching told several colleagues that she had said to the trainer, towards the end of an hour's instruction on sexual harassment, bullying and respect at work: "What are you going to do about the fact that I am being bullied?"

This version of events has been relayed to the ABC by multiple Labor sources in whom Senator Kitching confided — men and women — who claim the Victorian senator was being bullied, ostracised and isolated by the ALP's Senate leadership, which comprises senators Penny Wong, Kristina Keneally and Katy Gallagher.

Reply #22
Love it! Keep the comedy coming.

Reply #23

If you mean Labor hat, I don't have one.

I tend to only follow political issues when they are relevant and of substance and I don't know a lot about Senator Kitching's situation other than her untimely and tragic death.

I do know a bit about bullying have organised several workplace bullying sessions for my teams over the years.  It was always satisfying to hear the trainers say, "No, that's not bullying!  That's your manager(s) giving you a reasonable direction (or feedback)."
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24
I just shake my head in disbelief at the ignorance of any assertion that Wong somehow 'caused' the tragic heart attack of Kitching. I have no doubt believing that Wong could be a less than compassionate human being, but Kitching would have had an underlying condition that predisposed her to such a medical condition... exacerbated by many factors, both biological/physiological and psychological. Sad and tragic... and attempting to apportion blame is just stupid, cheap and opportunistic.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25

What happens if a labor member steps out of line?.  @ElwoodBlues1 was right on the mark.

You're bloody well crucified.  Or should we talk about peter slipper and craig thomson who were defended to the death.

Hypocrisy ...

Reply #26
Not very funny if you have been workplace bullied, we are talking about a woman who has passed away and serious allegations of bullying have followed. You might want to retract your comedy statement...

Reply #27
As Baggers said, it's pretty despicable for you to try to make the link. I was pretty impressed, though, that you went for the two-fer: not only was her death caused by Penny Wong but also by the booster shot. As the old saying goes, you either have to laugh or cry. I choose to see your efforts as comedy.

Reply #28
I would shake my head in disbelief at labour voters backing Wong but of course I knew they would.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
If you mean Labor hat, I don't have one.

I tend to only follow political issues when they are relevant and of substance and I don't know a lot about Senator Kitching's situation other than her untimely and tragic death.

I do know a bit about bullying have organised several workplace bullying sessions for my teams over the years.  It was always satisfying to hear the trainers say, "No, that's not bullying!  That's your manager(s) giving you a reasonable direction (or feedback)."

How long have you been retired for?

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!