Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 15 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 5446 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 15 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #60
SOS
We might need two of him given he will have to play forward, ruck and maybe pick up Fyfe, hopefully Fyfe is a bit tired from his first up game and lacks a bit of conditioning.
I think Hewett/Kennedy might get a go at Fyfe onball and Plowman would get the job when he rests down forward...

Reply #61
It was interesting listening to Harry on the wireless.  Apart from discussing his rushed shot at goal, he spoke about the importance of maintaining the team structure; someone will be brought in to replace Sam Durdin, everyone else will continue in the same role. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
It was interesting listening to Harry on the wireless.  Apart from discussing his rushed shot at goal, he spoke about the importance of maintaining the team structure; someone will be brought in to replace Sam Durdin, everyone else will continue in the same role. 

Obviously, someone will be brought in. The million dollar question is who? I'd say the cupboard is bare, but i think its more like the shelves have been panic bought by everyone else and it doesn't matter which store we look in, there is nothing available.

Reply #63
We might need two of him given he will have to play forward, ruck and maybe pick up Fyfe, hopefully Fyfe is a bit tired from his first up game and lacks a bit of conditioning.
I think Hewett/Kennedy might get a go at Fyfe onball and Plowman would get the job when he rests down forward...
Ideally I would love to see the two big bulls (Fyfe and Crippa) go head to head.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
Obviously, someone will be brought in. The million dollar question is who? I'd say the cupboard is bare, but i think its more like the shelves have been panic bought by everyone else and it doesn't matter which store we look in, there is nothing available.

Freo’s forward line is relatively short with really only Lobb, and Darcy when he rests forward, having the size to trouble our defence.

To me, it’s a toss up between Stocker and Kemp.  I favour the latter because he’s probably better equipped to keep Fyffe quiet.  Stocker is probably better able to go with Freo’s small forwards but that’s not beyond Kemp either.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
Dockers kicked our butts last time and we were playing better footy.

Freo by 50.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #66

Freo by 50.

That would be a terrible result. I hope you are wrong. Probably would have thought 20 to 30 myself.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #67
The dockers played about as well as they could have last time and aren't exactly showing the same blistering form either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #68

Freo by 50.
Ross Lyon on Footy Class agrees with you, says Freo will smash us, reckon though Ross might have his old Freo coaches hat on and be slightly smarting still over not being made coach.

Reply #69

Freo by 50.

Last time it was in Perth, we had no Jack and Matt Kennedy, lost Pittonet 15 minutes in, and McKay was hobbled for the last 3 quarters..

They will not have Taberner and Switkowski from then, although they have gained Fyfe.

We may not get the chocolates, but it won't be 50.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #70
I dont think we will win, we are at that point where we need hang on best we can until we get troops back.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
I wouldn't be writing us off. The resilience, camaraderie, game plan and culture of this group should not be underestimated.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #72
I wouldn't be writing us off. The resilience, camaraderie, game plan and culture of this group should not be underestimated.
Agreed.

My only concern is that in recent weeks we do not seem as healthy as some may think, not just in those areas specifically affected, but across the board, a season of interruptions to the list is starting to take it's toll!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
Agreed.

My only concern is that in recent weeks we do not seem as healthy as some may think, not just in those areas specifically affected, but across the board, a season of interruptions to the list is starting to take it's toll!

Yep, but recent interviews with club folks indicate that they are very aware of these issues and that they are being addressed. Here's hoping ;D  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #74

After the last several seasons, it's easy to fall into the "writing us off" trap. 

We will be under extreme pressure going into the game missing a key defender and a ruckman but I will be heading off to Darklands feeling quietly confident  8)