Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon (Read 6068 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #105
The players and coach need to watch this: If I could have reached through the screen I would have ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwljJeIql4s

There is a part 1 but it was more about the history and rivalry with more BS....

Reply #106
The players and coach need to watch this: If I could have reached through the screen I would have ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwljJeIql4s

There is a part 1 but it was more about the history and rivalry with more BS....
Nothing wrong with anything they said, all true. Scathing of Cripps and probably spot on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107
I'm also in the camp that think Jack will play and Pitto won't. ;)
I hope you're wrong. We'll be in diabolical trouble with Pittonet. But I tend to be conservative when it comes to picking players who might not be 100%, so you could well be right.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #108
Another game lost at selection.  The Martin selection is a sick joke....another gifted game where he'll do F all (like usual) and get injured again.  Selection integrity...what's that !?!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #109
Another game lost at selection.  The Martin selection is a sick joke....another gifted game where he'll do F all (like usual) and get injured again.  Selection integrity...what's that !?!
Prof, The old saying is a drowning man will cling onto a serpent and I reckon Martins selection is more a reflection on the alternatives and the MC and coach are plain desperate, and hoping Martin will provide one of his rare good games.

Reply #110
Prof, The old saying is a drowning man will cling onto a serpent and I reckon Martins selection is more a reflection on the alternatives and the MC and coach are plain desperate, and hoping Martin will provide one of his rare good games.

I agree with you, EB1.  We have Martin and Williams unfit week after week, senior players who are constantly playing below their best, the usual number of injuries that occur during the year, and too many B grade players who are really C grade on a good day - list cloggers.

The MC has lost flexibility in selecting a team each week.  I think while there is even a remote chance of making the finals it will take a conservative approach to team selection.

Reply #111
I agree with you, EB1.  We have Martin and Williams unfit week after week, senior players who are constantly playing below their best, the usual number of injuries that occur during the year, and too many B grade players who are really C grade on a good day - list cloggers.

The MC has lost flexibility in selecting a team each week.  I think while there is even a remote chance of making the finals it will take a conservative approach to team selection.

the whole side is in poor condition.

Not sure where the targeting of individuals with catastrophic injuries gets us when we look like we are running around with bricks for shoes.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #112
Marchbank not playing 2nds this weekend.

Word is he is sore and needs a week off.  LOL !!!

Reply #113
Marchbank not playing 2nds this weekend.

Word is he is sore and needs a week off.  LOL !!!
As I said weeks, ago, he should have done the honourable thing and retired so that we could have at least maybe picked up someone with a "football pulse" in the mid season draft. Anyone with two functioning arms and matching legs would have been fine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #114
100%. I can understand him trying to get back but we carry a truckload of dead weight in our list and it's broken the club.  We're really playing with a list of about 25 with about 15 passengers
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #115
Marchbank should be delisted at season's end. If he miraculously gets up and plays at another club, so be it.....but 50 odd games of footy in 8 seasons says enough.

Reply #116
Was rediculous to even name Pitto

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1354582/afl-team-news-blues-make-change-for-round-13
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #118
Draper and Wright vs De Koning and Silvagni / Young. Already behind the eight ball.

Reply #119
Saw Brad of the piranha twins interviewed on tv and he was talking about how they expected us to come out really firing. I think he will have them ready to serve it up to us with the hope of upsetting us. Be interesting to see how things pan out.
Reality always wins in the end.