Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon (Read 6059 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #120
Draper and Wright vs De Koning and Silvagni / Young. Already behind the eight ball.
If we win this one, it will be a miracle. Our team loses so much when Pitto isn't there. Jack isn't a ruckman and should get slaughtered by two decent rucks.
I'll still be there, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it much.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #121
Saw Brad of the piranha twins interviewed on tv and he was talking about how they expected us to come out really firing. I think he will have them ready to serve it up to us with the hope of upsetting us. Be interesting to see how things pan out.
Clearly he hasn't seen any of our games.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
If we win this one, it will be a miracle. Our team loses so much when Pitto isn't there. Jack isn't a ruckman and should get slaughtered by two decent rucks.
I'll still be there, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it much.
You're a brave man Crash.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #124
The difference between us and about 16 other teams......we refuse to, or are incapable of running fast and hard. Lazy lack of discipline.

Reply #125
Carlton by 5 goals. They are not that good.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #126
Neither are we
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #127
Carlton by 5 goals. They are not that good.
I agree.....they are quick but are enjoying the new coach honeymoon and we have the tall timber down forward that are due to
kick straight and Essendon have little in the way of taller defenders.
Blues by 17 points....

Reply #128
I'm not going to tip a winner. Rather say WE MUST WIN.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #129
I agree.....they are quick but are enjoying the new coach honeymoon and we have the tall timber down forward that are due to
kick straight and Essendon have little in the way of taller defenders.
Blues by 17 points....

I feel you don’t need tall or decent defenders when the opposition just bomb it high in your zone. So many players engage in a contest that it prevents an easy mark. Then with a spill of the pill they use genuine pace to get the ball from coast to coast. Add an inability to convert set shots, and the scoreboard pressure doesn’t really exist. Our conversion is terrible. It is a problem that can act like a virus and impact the whole squad. That old perceived pressure. Between the ears. Am I being pessimistic or realistic? Who knows. We will find out soon. Bombers by 3 goals.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #131
What's really disappointing is trying to gather enthusiasm and optimism for this game. I guess what feeds any lack of optimism is witnessing the way we play - slow, confused, little confidence and relying on individuals. What we can be confident about is that we'll likely hold our opponents to a low, even losing, score... but ours will be less!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #132
Dow and Binns are both non starters in the Resssies. 2 emergencies held over with 1 to be the sub.

Reply #133
They are missing Parish and Shiel and Wright won’t be match fit and considering the pressure on the club and coach if we have any ticket at all we have to show it tonight. If we fail again it will just confirm we really are a bottom tier team. No excuses if we can’t account for this mob.

If we play the safe stop start game-plan we are doomed so if Voss has any coaching ability he must let us play with freedom and give our talls as many one on one looks as possible and if so we should win well. This game will say as much about Voss the coach as anything else imo.

Reply #134
What's really disappointing is trying to gather enthusiasm and optimism for this game. I guess what feeds any lack of optimism is witnessing the way we play - slow, confused, little confidence and relying on individuals. What we can be confident about is that we'll likely hold our opponents to a low, even losing, score... but ours will be less!

Although I now realise that our best 22 includes several players who aren’t yet up to the job, and perhaps never will be, I still approach every game with the belief that we will win.

This season has been a tipster’s nightmare with almost every team capable of an upset win … and we’ve been the victim of several.  It’s as much a matter of luck as it is footy ability and reward for effort plays a part too.

Blues by 3 goals 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball