Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon (Read 5849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #90
If he plays on Sunday, Ill predict 8 disposals, 5 marks 1 tackle and 1 junk time goal.

7 disposals. 3 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #91
looking very likely Peter Wright back in for Essendon. Another headache we don't need.

Reply #92
The CheatsFC MC tactics if the lists hit the field as selected seem to be they are forcing us to run with Young on top of Pitto and TDK in the hope it leaves our sluggish midfield and defence unable to cover the ground to bottle up their runners.

The key for us comes from the other end, our small forwards, ignoring the lack of goals they either run deep and apply some defensive tackling pressure or we are going to get screwed over on the outside. There is no point our fans and coaches hoping the likes of Cripps, Cerra, Walsh, Kennedy, Ed and others suddenly become Usain Bolt, it ain't going to happen! We can't have Motlop, Durdin and Owies sitting inside F50 shivering!

If our SFs get up the field and force turnovers and / or crap rushed disposals by the CheatsFC runners, can we kick enough goals between BigH, Chalrie and SoJ to win the game?

Cripps, Cerra, Kennedy and Walsh have two options, they either setup defensively to stop the opposition getting clean fast break clearances, or they can suddenly become surgeons by foot and start picking out some targets forward of centre. It's one or the other or it's over for 2023!

Smart slow moving footballers should be emulating Diesel Williams, and be practising precision disposal from both sides of their body until their legs ache. No more slow movers who are one sided!

I'm also dead keen to see if Saad can overcome his issues to make a dent in the CheatsFC game plan, or if they also right-side him out of effective contention!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
Saad generally puts in a good one against his old mob. I think he enjoys hearing them boo him 35 times!!!

Reply #94
Given the opponent, simply staggered Binns wasn't selected.  We need more run.

Moo man to half back, play Saad higher up the ground

Big NO to Ed.  Just no. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #95
hope Martin doesn't play  he needs weeks in reserves ,watching the frankston game he couldnt break a tackle at the level

Reply #96
Barely breaks a sweat when he plays.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #97
Barely breaks a sweat when he plays.

Yep...usually though goes better first up from a spell when fresh and those calves are rested but then its downhill performance and fitness wise after a game or two so maybe he might have a couple of highlights this game before joining the injury list again.
If you were Essendon you would be sticking someone like Redman on him who can just run up and down the ground  all day rebounding the ball and give those calves of Martin a workout...

Reply #98
Jack out along with Fisher and LOB
Martin, Pittonet and Ed in...

Reckon Jack will be reinstated with Pittonet a late out....not sure how Ed gets a game, maybe Charlie has it in his contract?

Reply #99
Unless there are players who are picked who aint going to play, I don't understand the team we have selected. Clearly the selection panel is smarter than me.

Reply #100
Outs SOS Fish MOB Dow
In Ed Pitto Martin
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #101
Hard to imagine JSOS responding well to being replaced by Martin.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #102
Jack Martin, for all his injury woes, is exactly what is missing from the team. He is a point of difference, skilful, fills a gap, and has 130 odd games under his belt. Silvagni's type is over represented on our list, and Binns, despite promising form, is too inexperienced in what is surely a must win game. I can't imagine the MC wasted much time debating Martin.

Reply #103
This team needs Martin's skillset as we lack it in a big way.
Jack is 194cm and playing four talls makes little sense.

Reply #104
I'm also in the camp that think Jack will play and Pitto won't. ;)