Skip to main content
Topic: Missing Plane, really ? (Read 15894 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Missing Plane, really ?

Reply #30
Black Box and as much of the body of the plane as possible.

Reply #31
If you get a chance to see a plot of the typical air traffic in the region during the time the plane was supposed to be flying for four hours it almost impossible to imagine no other aircraft had it on radar.

At any one moment there are so many planes from the various countries on or over the Asian Peninsula that it must be like a swarm of bees missing a passing bird!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Geez, it looks like there's the possibility that this plane may have been taken and landed somewhere. This could turn out to be one of the more bizarre mysteries of our time.

Reply #33
They probably know where it is, they're not going to broadcast to the hijackers that they know where they are and that they're coming for them.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
The easiest way they could have detected thelocation of the plane after it went missing was when a family member rang the phone of someone on the plane and it went through to message bank after it rang out...
Pretty sure phone companies and police can locate mobile phones by zoning in on approximate locations with the phone companies satellites.. An opportunity missed that is now probably too late.. 

Reply #35
The easiest way they could have detected thelocation of the plane after it went missing was when a family member rang the phone of someone on the plane and it went through to message bank after it rang out...
Pretty sure phone companies and police can locate mobile phones by zoning in on approximate locations with the phone companies satellites.. An opportunity missed that is now probably too late..
Actually that works via cell phone towers at ground level but not at altitude. At high altitude one of the problems, and the main reason why it has taken so long to get cell phones working on planes, is because at altitude each phone can connect to hundreds of cell phone towers. On the ground a phone only finds a handful at best and connects to the closest it finds, usually the first to respond. On the plane they find hundreds all equally slow which causes the link to jump around all over the place. So airlines had to install mini-cells in planes that create a local zone inside the cabin which is then re-broadcast via the planes satellite system.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Actually that works via cell phone towers at ground level but not at altitude. At high altitude one of the problems, and the main reason why it has taken so long to get cell phones working on planes, is because at altitude each phone can connect to hundreds of cell phone towers. On the ground a phone only finds a handful at best and connects to the closest it finds, usually the first to respond. On the plane they find hundreds all equally slow which causes the link to jump around all over the place. So airlines had to install mini-cells in planes that create a local zone inside the cabin which is then re-broadcast via the planes satellite system.

Yes but if the plane had landed, like some reports had claimed at the time, then they'd have been able to tell. No?

Reply #37
Or perhaps said mobile phone was not actually on the plane...

That seems like one of the first things that the authorities would have checked surely.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #38
Or perhaps said mobile phone was not actually on the plane...

That seems like one of the first things that the authorities would have checked surely.

Yeah but I think after families heard about it, a few of them did the same and had the same result.

Reply #39
Well well, is this linked in some way shape or form to the previous plane that went missing? I always had the suspicion that it may have been shot down, it's happened in the past, albeit quite sometime ago. My hart goes out to all on board and their families.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40
Very sad indeed.  :'(

Apparently one of the passengers on the plane, posted a picture on Facebook of the plane before they took off saying "This is what the plane looks like, just in case it goes missing".

The plane didn't go missing though, just blown outta the sky.

Surely Malaysian Airlines would go under now. Who would want to fly with them?
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #41
Well well, is this linked in some way shape or form to the previous plane that went missing? I always had the suspicion that it may have been shot down, it's happened in the past, albeit quite sometime ago. My hart goes out to all on board and their families.

I think it was shot down by Russian Separatists via a Russia-supplied Buk surface to air missile. Apparently those guys had been shooting at Ukrainian planes in the last few days to stop them resupplying troops in the area. Just got the wrong target which incredibly was another MH flight. Tragedy.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #42

Apparently one of the passengers on the plane, posted a picture on Facebook of the plane before they took off saying "This is what the plane looks like, just in case it goes missing".

I read a few months ago the company is worth 10% of what it was worth 10 years ago or something ridiculous like that.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
Cheap flight flying MA now, 

Reply #44

I read a few months ago the company is worth 10% of what it was worth 10 years ago or something ridiculous like that.

Quite sad really. it was regarded as one of the best options to fly O/S. Assuming that the cause of MH370 was beyond the reasonable foreseeability of company execs and the cause was a rogue pilot without a lapse in procedural care, then both the incidents appear to be outside of the companies control. I was supposed to attend a international Law Course in Germany this month and was going to book with them, just as well I couldn't go. I don't think my wife would ever want to fly with them in future. I understand they weren't the only airline flying over that airspace but I hope the practice of flying over war zones will be reviewed from this point on, unless you have a world wide ban on missiles that can reach certain altitudes (not a chance) then saving fuel due to shortened route is simply not worth the risk.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain