Skip to main content
Topic: Usain Bolt Bolted (Read 5411 times) previous topic - next topic

Usain Bolt Bolted

The Bolt has Bolted.

Was it ever serious or just a cruel joke?

I cannot say I follow soccer that closely, but was this anymore than a political party standing an actor in a marginal seat?
The Force Awakens!

Re: Bolt Bolted

Reply #1
The Bolt has Bolted.

I cannot say I follow soccer that closely, but was this anymore than a political party standing an actor in a marginal seat?
Christ from the heading I though Bolton had been sacked!!!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #2
The Bolt has Bolted.

A cross between a publicity stunt and a slap in the face for blokes wanting to play the round ball game at a high level.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Christ from the heading I though Bolton had been sacked!!!

Sorry, it's fixed! :o

I seriously did not consider it an abbreviation for Bolton who I usually refer to as BB.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Enough to drive you nuts??  ???

In fact if someone mentions "The Bolt" to me, BB would be one of the last people I thought they were talking about,

Usain Bolt
Levi Casboult
Glenn Manton

would all be ahead of the queue!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Usain Bolt Bolted

Reply #6
The Bolt has Bolted.

I think it was serious.  He had a go at a German club and was rejected before trying out for the A league.  he wanted Marquee money (3 million a season), so was never going to get up.

At peanuts, he would have been interesting enough to see how he'd go, but he had no clue how to play the game, and it showed whenever he was trialled.  I don't understand why his price was so high.  @500k, he might have been a decent enough investment as his brand would have brought people to games, but he was never going to be a realistic option.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson