Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge Rd #3: Carlton vs. Geelong (Read 52433 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge Rd #3: Carlton vs. Geelong

Reply #30
Ah well, still in touch. Disappointing that some of our old woes still dog us. Hopefully we can improve in the second half - at least we are showing some fight back.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
The fact jamison got a 3 yr extension last year before swan resigned is disgraceful

Reply #32
Looked gone, showed character. Pussies will hit hard in the 2nd half, good test for us. Daisy and Murph will be better for the run. Good that Jones decided to turn up later in that quarter... was he on the ground in the first qtr?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Our biggest issue IMO is we are still too easy to score against.
Our pressure was good at times,  but we don't or can't maintain it.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #34
Observation: Henderson clunk mark, goal.  Jones clunk mark, goal. Rowe clunk mark goal, Watson clunk mark, goal.  They all converted. Levi can clunk as many as he likes in the forward 50, if he doesn't convert, he is of no use unfortunately.

Reply #35
Observation: Henderson clunk mark, goal.  Jones clunk mark, goal. Rowe clunk mark goal, Watson clunk mark, goal.  They all converted. Levi can clunk as many as he likes in the forward 50, if he doesn't convert, he is of no use unfortunately.

Jones only goaled because Taylor moved off him briefly...

Reply #36
I wish Mitch Clark chose the blues!

Reply #38
We have no fwd line
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40
Juddy is taking today to practice his set shots from 50. Hasn't nailed one yet. Taking some strong marks though.

Reply #41
Don't panic yet I reckon our forwardline has some talent. This is only a praccy match after all.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Don't panic yet I reckon our forwardline has some talent. This is only a praccy match after all.

On top of that, it's a praccy match without some of our best runners/ball users.

Throw in the run and carry of Walker and Simpson coming off half back at speed dishing off to Yarran and Gibbs pinpointing a forward inside 50 and our forwardline magically gets better.

Instead we are relying on players like Bell going inside 50. Doesn't quite have the same effect.

Reply #43
Good hitout  ;)

Reply #44
I reckon Cripps just got a gig in R1.