Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 35019 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #60
I'd have no problem sacking Bolton if I thought it would achieve something. But I look at our recent history with senior coaches, I look at the Tigers, I look at the Pies and I simply don't see how it will solve anything.

But both teams put a large number of past playing assistants to the scythe!

We've one there that seems to have survived four senior coaches!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Can I ask if we had won by 1 point would that have changed much?...just given us another false dawn?
Look at the game today, would you want to coach either of those teams?

It would have been a massive confidence boost, yes.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #62
Yep we were deplorable. 

I still don't see how the coach is at fault for our entire team kicking it to Gibbons in one on one contests in forward 50.

Before anyone says otherwise, even superman cripps did it, when he had weitering standing right next to him in case of a hand off.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #63
Yep we were deplorable. 

I still don't see how the coach is at fault for our entire team kicking it to Gibbons in one on one contests in forward 50.

Before anyone says otherwise, even superman cripps did it, when he had weitering standing right next to him in case of a hand off.

That's his job to create a system so that we don't.

Reply #64
Can I ask if we had won by 1 point would that have changed much?...just given us another false dawn?

Would a really good coach make them a much better team?

We have some serious talent on our list but the coach can’t get the best out of them.
There is a simple answer

Reply #65
Is this years group a more talented group than previous? If so and we are still not getting results , than its outside the players we need to look re change of direction.

Reply #66
We have a handful of highly potential or already stars that we all love to bang on about in the Pre season but we fail to admit that a huge chunk of our so called best 21 are footballers that are either 1)poor decision makers and or 2) poor executers by foot.

Time and time again we fail to hit a simple 20-30m pass and going into our forward line the choice of where to put the ball when you have not 1, not 2 not 3 but 4 tall marking forwards is simply beyond comprehension.

We are the dumbest group of footballer ever assembled as these traits have been at our club for the last 15 years.

Sick of saying good signs as there is a lot more horrible ones.

Reply #67
Yep we were deplorable. 

Thank-you Thry, it's not an unreasonable question, it's the sort of question you really want the media to ask!

Even worse when I've seen Weitering kick 15 goals in a junior game, and he's kicked multiple goals in an AFL game as a forward target!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
I just saw the last 2 minutes on the computer. I still cannot believe it.
Yes, Paddy Dow made a bad mistake, but he then got the clearance only seconds afterwards. Don't throw him away yet.
The umpire not giving Jones that mark - I still can't believe it. One grab, man in front, no doubts at all, yet it is play on and they scored from it (1 point). 13 frees to 20. Difference between a win and a loss.

That said, we should be better and should have won by plenty. We had more talent on the field. But it isn't producing. As for Lobbe, he has a bit heart, but he is no longer a senior ruckman. Not even close.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
As I have posted before, this rebuild has been done on very shakey foundations, as we just didn't have enough solid elder statesmen to start with. BB will be held responsible ultimately - whether the architects of it will also be remains to be seen. There will be at least another year of suffering after this, never mind who the coach may be, before we can even hope for any rise up from the bottom of the ladder, and that is best case scenario from what has been shown so far.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
Is this years group a more talented group than previous? If so and we are still not getting results , than its outside the players we need to look re change of direction.

I find our side pretty decent on paper. Should be pushing top 10 4th year in.

Reply #71
On multiple occasions this season I've either seen or heard of moments in game were three Carlton players are standing inside F50 almost unattended, and we instead kick the ball long to small forwards outnumbered by defenders.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
We have a handful of highly potential or already stars that we all love to bang on about in the Pre season but we fail to admit that a huge chunk of our so called best 21 are footballers that are either 1)poor decision makers and or 2) poor executers by foot.

Time and time again we fail to hit a simple 20-30m pass and going into our forward line the choice of where to put the ball when you have not 1, not 2 not 3 but 4 tall marking forwards is simply beyond comprehension.

We are the dumbest group of footballer ever assembled as these traits have been at our club for the last 15 years.

Sick of saying good signs as there is a lot more horrible ones.

Agree.

Dumb football way too often but that has to come back to coaching

Reply #73
Charlie Curnow has played 3 games and produced 3 shockers...what to do with him?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #74
As I have posted before, this rebuild has been done on very shakey foundations, as we just didn't have enough solid elder statesmen to start with. BB will be held responsible ultimately - whether the architects of it will also be remains to be seen. There will be at least another year of suffering after this, never mind who the coach may be, before we can even hope for any rise up from the bottom of the ladder, and that is best case scenario from what has been shown so far.

Depends. Beverige got finals then a flag in the next two years after the Dogs were $hit under McCartney. Our side is better than what it is producing.