Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16: Green Shoot of the Week Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from  (Read 3093 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 16: Green Shoot of the Week Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face?

Ok, besides the 'Charlie Vine', anything else??

At the risk of being hammered, I thought Lamb showed some good signs not seen before.

Re: Round 16: Green Shoot of the Week Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from

Reply #1
I thought SPS got back to some good form, and although I still want to see Fisher get more of the ball, 25 pressure acts says he is still putting in, it will happen for him eventually. I'm enjoying watching these 2 grow!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Re: Round 16: Green Shoot of the Week Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from

Reply #2
Curnowfides.

Reply #3
Curnow gets it again.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Samo for me.  His goal was great but more impressive was his endeavour to tackle anyone within cooee.  He also didn't hold back when it came to backing up team mates and getting involved in a bit of push and shove.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
I thought SPS got back to some good form, and although I still want to see Fisher get more of the ball, 25 pressure acts says he is still putting in, it will happen for him eventually. I'm enjoying watching these 2 grow!!

I have to agree.  I keep an eye on Fisher, and he has a real dip.  He puts on plenty of pressure, and even if he doesn't stick a tackle he's like a mozzie, buzzing around oppo players rushing them, and plenty of times it gives our midfield and defenders a chance to intercept or spoil up the ground.  Very valuable, and exactly what Bolts wants.  If he says 'we'll be defined by pressure' again I may well spew, but in a good way. The next step for Fisher is to put on more muscle, get more possies, and kick more goals, which I think he was doing over in WA (in the WAFL???).  He has a bright future, which is why he keeps getting a game.  The more game time he gets the better.

SPS I really like, and would like him to do a little more, but again, another slightly built first year kid.

Reply #6
Will surprise a few.
I would say Curnow, but he is well covered..
So I am going with Casboult.

He has always been able to grab a mark, but seeing him pull in so many over the course of the contest actually had me pumped up. I was still worried when he lined up, but one of the few Casboult games I really enjoyed
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #7
Samo's goal celebration of his spectacular goal. He does this really cool tapping his fist over his heart.
Classy and lightning quick Sammo. Congratulations.

Of course, I'm celebrating Charlie's nomination and Zac's pressure too.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
Losing cripps,  losing white, continuing to crack in and fighting to take back the lead right until the last minute.

Screw the individual green shoots.   The story of our season has been the steely resolve.

Teams know they had to fight to get the win against us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
Losing cripps,  losing white, continuing to crack in and fighting to take back the lead right until the last minute.

Screw the individual green shoots.   The story of our season has been the steely resolve.

x2. Made an older supporter proud. And comforted that, as they grow stronger and more mature, brave losses will become brave wins. Oh and something unfashionable -- despite the occasional horrible clangers, Kerridge's resolve and leadership took a huge step up. His skills can be woeful but he was huge in the trenches and out in Crippa's absence. Dead on his feet at final siren. Must say something about how he views the club and team.

Reply #10
x2. Made an older supporter proud. And comforted that, as they grow stronger and more mature, brave losses will become brave wins. Oh and something unfashionable -- despite the occasional horrible clangers, Kerridge's resolve and leadership took a huge step up. His skills can be woeful but he was huge in the trenches and out in Crippa's absence. Dead on his feet at final siren. Must say something about how he views the club and team.

Yes, I don't think there's any doubt about Sam's resolve and endeavour.  I think he'll be around for a while.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Yes, I don't think there's any doubt about Sam's resolve and endeavour.  I think he'll be around for a while.

Stats show he ran almost 18kms for the game. Stepped up when No9 went down.

Reply #12
I'm with Thry this week.
The Team Resolve.

We fought it right out.
Blokes like SPS, SK, Lamb, Jones and many others gave it every ounce they had. And we were very close to knocking them off.

The Team Resolve. I guess BB can take the credit for that.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #13

If Cripps and White stay on all game we win that ...... we would have rolled over and got pumped by 5 goals plus in the past.  A lot of near misses this year will turn into wins next year with another pre season into our kids.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #14

Good one, 3 Leos. Totally agree.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17