Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - Fourth Test at Durham (Read 10376 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - Fourth Test at Durham

Reply #15
When I went to bed, we were no wicket down for just on 100, I get up this morning to hear on the news we were rolled for 220, that is appalling & thoroughly embarrassing.

Where's the backbone ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
I really enjoyed the 'masterclass' segment with Warnie and co, during the lunch/rain break. Brilliant piece and reminiscing of his glory days decieving batsmen left right and centre. Ah the good 'ol days. Amazing control for a legspin bowler.

Reply #17
Lost it when Bresnan and Swann made those cheap runs at the end.......50-60 of those runs were worth 120 in scoreboard pressure.

Harris had tired and Bird was bowling medium pace rubbish at that stage....in fact were are in danger of burning Harris out again if Clarke keeps throwing him the ball everytime we need wickets

England spread the workload better...Anderson didnt have to do much this test because Broad stepped up...

Reply #19
When I went to bed, we were no wicket down for just on 100, I get up this morning to hear on the news we were rolled for 220, that is appalling & thoroughly embarrassing.

Where's the backbone ??

Was drifting off to sleep and actually thought the score was 0 for 200.

Probably the part where I went in at no.3 and knocked up a quick 70 not out to get us over the line should have tipped me off.

Reply #20

Where's the backbone ??

Probably the part where I went in at no.3 and knocked up a quick 70 not out to get us over the line should have tipped me off.

Is that you Shane Watson?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21

Where's the backbone ??

I did make a lot of 20's and go out lbw more often than not.

Reply #22
Lost it when Bresnan and Swann made those cheap runs at the end.......50-60 of those runs were worth 120 in scoreboard pressure.

Harris had tired and Bird was bowling medium pace rubbish at that stage....in fact were are in danger of burning Harris out again if Clarke keeps throwing him the ball everytime we need wickets

England spread the workload better...Anderson didnt have to do much this test because Broad stepped up...

Lost it when Aleem Dar inexplicably gave Bresnan not for shouldering arms to a ball hitting the stumps off Bird !  How can you possibly give benefit of the doubt to a Batsman not bothering to use their bat ?  Terrible umpire.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #23

Where's the backbone ??

I did make a lot of 20's and go out lbw more often than not.

I still do

Reply #24
Funny how the poms were happy to play in the dark when it suited them.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
Funny how the poms were happy to play in the dark when it suited them.

I wouldn't expect anything less from that mob.  ::)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!