Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2024 Rd 3: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon Park (Read 1044 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2024 Rd 3: Carlton vs Collingwood at Ikon Park

Reply #15
Could be tough now for us, Dagpies out to 16 pts and playing a whisker better.

Lemmey to defence is a good project. Found himself out of position a few times.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
VFL players doing the bulk of the work ATM.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
Lord Nelson puts the Blues in front
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #18
We're winning again.

Reply #19
Could be tough now for us, Dagpies out to 16 pts and playing a whisker better.

Lemmey to defence is a good project. Found himself out of position a few times.

Well you've got googie on your face, eh, Baggers.  :-[

Reply #20
Moir looks to have a strapped hammy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #21
Drats.

Reply #22
Could not get their hands on the ball at all those last few minutes.

Reply #23
Lost by a point. With the talent we had out there today, that was a pretty good effort.

Sowans and Binns had 22 possessions, Binns only 7 after half time. Second game in a row he has run out of juice in the second half.
Lewis Young has probably played himself into a senior spot: his best game in a while.
O'Keefe has a long way to go, but he tried hard in the ruck. He needs to put on about ten kg of muscles and work on his tank. Other parts of his game show promise.
Lemmey is still very much a work in progress. He wasn't bad as a defender, but he doesn't have the attack on the ball that I want to see.
Monahan didn't have much impact: I'd be trying him in a slightly different role, where he can run around a bit and use his athleticism.
Dom Akuei is cooked.
Moir is some way off and may be injured.
Billy Wilson going off cost us about 20 extra possessions; the guy has pace and can kick with depth. We really missed him.

Not enough talent on the park, and there will be less next week. Not many senior list Blues at all and we're on TV again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
Any reasons given why Cincotta didn't play?

Reply #25
Cowan had his best game in VFL which is good to see.
He will get a game next week. Missing quality young AFL listed mids.. Campo boys should clear that up next season.
Moir has started his career slowly... Lemmey is showing something in Defence where Sam Durdin time could be up and Young may have received interest for his services maybe.

Reply #26
Cowan had his best game in VFL which is good to see.
He will get a game next week. Missing quality young AFL listed mids.. Campo boys should clear that up next season.
Moir has started his career slowly... Lemmey is showing something in Defence where Sam Durdin time could be up and Young may have received interest for his services maybe.
Campo boys are very lightly built, reckon the club might hold them back a bit, probably need to get a readymade mid or two.
Going off on a tangent here but there are a few players likely to be available on the market....eg interesting selection of names from Nick Austins old club the Dogs he would know well...Bailey Smith, Caleb Daniel and Jack McRae who I think will find new homes...Florent from the Swans and Ainsworth from GC are players I would look at as free agents along with Hayward who has been mentioned.
McCluggage and Berry from Brisbane will re-sign imo as they are a bit of a package deal, a player who I like and is less high profile is Blake Hardwick from the Hawks and would be less money given we are going to be a bit tight in the cap.

Reply #27
I watched from the 15min mark of the 3rd qtr onwards. From what I saw, Young is the only senior listed player who showed anything worth considering for senior selection. As I said earlier, the fascination with Binns is astounding, the kid is miles off as is Moir. We know Cowan can play, we saw it last year so based on his first half he may get a gig. Cincotta will come for sure unless he is injured.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
I watched from the 15min mark of the 3rd qtr onwards. From what I saw, Young is the only senior listed player who showed anything worth considering for senior selection. As I said earlier, the fascination with Binns is astounding, the kid is miles off as is Moir. We know Cowan can play, we saw it last year so based on his first half he may get a gig. Cincotta will come for sure unless he is injured.
Fair points GTC...agree on Young, id be picking Binns based more on last seasons form and previous games this season rather than today where he was ok in the 1st half but quiet after that.
Moir is one who I think will play better in the seniors than the VFL but he looks injured, I wouldnt pick Cowan on form and it would only be on potential, prefer Cincotta especially vs GWS who are playing a strong disciplined brand under Kingsley and as I said in another post I wouldnt want too many novice players in the one team.
With all our injuries we look a bit thin for replacements and our depth not so deep.....

Reply #29
Fair points GTC...agree on Young, id be picking Binns based more on last seasons form and previous games this season rather than today where he was ok in the 1st half but quiet after that.
Moir is one who I think will play better in the seniors than the VFL but he looks injured, I wouldnt pick Cowan on form and it would only be on potential, prefer Cincotta especially vs GWS who are playing a strong disciplined brand under Kingsley and as I said in another post I wouldnt want too many novice players in the one team.
With all our injuries we look a bit thin for replacements and our depth not so deep.....
EB Binns just look too small (thin) to me and doesn't look like he can go 4 qtrs at AFL level (we know AFL is quite a step up in pace than VFL).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th