Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #180
@MBB
True - for instance, the number of times we just tried to find Hendo in our F50, who was too often in a heavily contested situation, when we could have looked elsewhere. Well I lost count - we just seem to dumbly follow a very unimaginative pre-set routine.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #181
I think Malthouse/match committee/whoever made the call to bring in Joseph stuffed up. How many run with players did we have last night? This was magnified when McLean went down. We were breaking down along the wings because we had no option to kick to because our guys didn't want to leave who they were tagging.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #182
OMG just saw the Bummers scenes after the game we provided them with a proud great moment in their history last night. We gave them some hope and joy in possibly the worst week in the history of their club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #183
I think Malthouse/match committee/whoever made the call to bring in Joseph stuffed up. How many run with players did we have last night? This was magnified when McLean went down. We were breaking down along the wings because we had no option to kick to because our guys didn't want to leave who they were tagging.

TBH I don't know WTF MM was thinking bringing in Duigan and Joseph. They're not the future and they won't be here next year. Duigan cracked in hard at times and Joseph wasn't awful however, this is not in line with developing the side.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #184
OMG just saw the Bummers scenes after the game we provided them with a proud great moment in their history last night. We gave them some hope and joy in possibly the worst week in the history of their club.

When they kicked the last goal, I heard someone yell 10 seconds and I evacuated.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #185

TBH I don't know WTF MM was thinking bringing in Duigan and Joseph. They're not the future and they won't be here next year. Duigan cracked in hard at times and Joseph wasn't awful however, this is not in line with developing the side.

I don't mind either player but they are defensive shut down players. Walker and Kreuzer are offensive, when I saw the late changes I knew if the bombers came to play we were in trouble.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #186
Last time we met this team Waite kicked a lazy 7 goals out of the 10 we managed.

Yet all game that's right all game he plays defence while we struggle to put goals on the board. :-\

Not enough being said about this.

Absolutely worth mentioning again. I think it was EB1 who said earlier that it was clear Hendo was having trouble with their tall defenders, it was clear as day all evening. At the other end, there Waite was being butchered by Hurley. Waite single-handedly smashed Essendon in round 11 as our key forward, whereas Hendo started that same round 11 encounter like a house on fire filling the holes as an intercept merchant across half-back (until someone was injured early, then Hendo had to play a lockdown role)....so what does Mick do despite 2 GLARING problems.....sits on his hands. Nice coaching.

Btw.....wtf was McInnes thinking in that last minute? Take the friggin' mark, compose yourself, ice the clock, give off a cheapie short-pass, a draw ensues (still not ideal, but better than a straight out loss). Deadset panic-merchants.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #187

You miss the point, the Match Committee consists of Sticks Swan McKay MM and Wiley

Assuming the MC makes majority decisions, it is possible that MM and Wiley did not want Joseph at least.

We have a President and CEO that does Board and Football matters.

Carlton is a dinosaur.

Reply #188
Yep, this is what kills me most.

CFC had to win that game for us - the supporters - last night.  It was a must win.  Against one of our most hated sides, after the 7 months of crap they've had and in particular the horrible week they've just had. 

And CFC couldn't even do that for us  >:(  After years of crap and waiting and waiting.  Murph used to be a gun - is he injured? If he is, stop screwing playing him.  He looked terrible last night.

MM, imo, has been so rigid with this team about following his rules, that they don't think for themselves at all.  Countless times I saw better options presented but no, they had to go down the wing or slow it down.  Once I saw a Bomber running out of our F50 and Gibbs was right next to him, but no, he peeled off to stay with his guy when if he had've run straight at the other guy he would've forced a turn over. 

We need these people to STAND UP when games are there to be won - Murphy, Gibbs, Waite.  The others in Hendo, Tuohey, Scotland, Simpson all usually try their guts out.  Don't blame players like Joseph or Duigan - FFS they've played how many games this year?  Gibbs has played every single game and he still can't be our go to guy when the going gets tough, and he screwing well should be that guy.

Murphy needs to give back the captaincy at seasons end.  I love the guy but something is seriously wrong and it's not getting better. 

It's crap that a game of football that meant SO MUCH to us supporters meant screw all to this group.  Thanks very much MM and the players  :'(

Reply #189

When they kicked the last goal, I heard someone yell 10 seconds and I evacuated.

Same - couldn't get out of the place quick enough.....hanging around for their celebrations......not for me.

Reply #190

We give that club more joy than any other....they'd happily play us 23 weeks of the years if they could. Both their wins against us this year will be wins those fcukers will remember & talk about fondly for years......

Thanks Carlton.....thanks a whole fcuking lot.....

Reply #191
I pray we trade Murphy and Gibbs.
We will not succeed with them, and do not want them educating our future players.

We need to recruit some players the GAF

Reply #192
Btw.....wtf was McInnes thinking in that last minute? Take the friggin' mark, compose yourself, ice the clock, give off a cheapie short-pass, a draw ensues (still not ideal, but better than a straight out loss). Deadset panic-merchants.

Twas a brain fade of Simon White proportions (hasn't played a game since his meltdown in the last scum game). Just had to take the mark but zero awareness, zero focus, really undid all his good work this year for mine.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #193
When Norf threatened to win the game late in the third  against the Hawks yesterday I just knew the Hawks would take it up a cog and smash Norf with everything they had and everyone would buy in.

And although Norf were in it still on the scoreboard going into the last, the game was over. Everybody knew it and there was nothing Norf could do about it.

That's the difference between good and mid table sides.

We don't have it and have not shown it in at least 10 years.

I'm not talking about beating the odd top team now and again , its about beating a top team when they take it up a notch and play brutal football.

We don't do it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #194
Im gob smacked as to how people can continue backing the players and pointing at the coach.  These guys did the exact same thing when Ratten was coaching for his career and finals were on the line last year.  A season on and our coach has been with this mob for less than 12 months and these guys have done it again with finals on the line again.

The players lost me when they failed to rally behind the coach.  Why?  Because they are a group that have been molly coddled to the point that they can only play well when everything is going to plan.

Miss a few shots at goal and the collective crap their dacks.

Its time for us to back someone to do whatever it takes.

Nothing had changed in 12 months and that's not a failing of the coach?

We should just let then run themselves and save the mill then.

Of course nothing has changed in twelve months.  The playing group is still the same and they are too busy playing for themselves and lack the collective stones to rally behind their coach to save his job and play finals.

I was dissapointed to see Ratten go, because as much as he failed his players his players failed him, and I will not back anyone but Malthouse because at least he has a proven track record of doing a good job and might be the only person at the club who can claim this (judd aside who is not who he used to be).  Collingwood might have been almost premiers under mick for much of his tenure but given just how bad we have been for roughly 13 years now, i would take that over the making up numbers team we have been.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson