Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 31463 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #45
I will take it is a reality check if we had all our players available and on 7 days break like North. Until then a loss against an undefeated team is ok.

Goldstein gave his mids first use of the ball net 35 times in the game... this is domination.

Reply #46
Did alright the previous 4 weeks.

Beating Collingwood was good, but they were off the boil.

Beating port was a significant achievement but again, they are just going this season.

The Bombers are a misnomer, and Freo are the worst side in the competition bar none.

Four in a row is a reward for effort but we have a lot of work to do.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
Bolts stated the match was won and lost in the midfield (in his presser).

Yes, simply that! Our defence was then exposed to the full wrath of the North forwards, no hope then.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Our midfield should be our strength.
Two number 1 draft picks and a star in his third year.
Yes Goldstein dominated but plenty of teams shark the opposition ruckman.
It was just too hot in the kitchen for a couple of our guys.
Reality hits.
They should be in their prime but they just ain't tough enough.
Scott was correct yesterday when he said Carlton is a myth.
Our list is made up of plenty of pick 1s, pick 2s and first rounders and to top it off, we aren't that young.
We have to stop making excuses.
Our "stars" are not good enough to match it with the stars of the comp.

I think it has been over the years our coaching and footy dept setup that can't match it with the competition! :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #49
11 goals from stoppages to 1.

There's the game.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #50
re: Thomas....thought we were weak against him and our small defenders never picked him up...

Bolton probably made one of his few mistakes for the season playing Gorringe only and not having some cover with Cameron Wood....

There was some intimidation from the North bigger bodies especially down back where players like Lamb ended up on Firitto and didnt enjoy the extra physical attention..

Walker and Everitt are no subsitute for Casboult either yet we often bombed the ball to let Tarrant and Thompson take easy marks....Jones at least gave some effort IMO...Everitt was playing like he was 5' 2 and 60kg....

Reply #51
Everitt was playing like he was 5' 2 and 60kg....

In the last quarter i actually had to check the AFL site to see if he was in fact playing.

He's playing like someone who doesn't want to be wearing navy blue next year.

Reply #52
re: Thomas....thought we were weak against him and our small defenders never picked him up...

Bolton probably made one of his few mistakes for the season playing Gorringe only and not having some cover with Cameron Wood....

There was some intimidation from the North bigger bodies especially down back where players like Lamb ended up on Firitto and didnt enjoy the extra physical attention..

Walker and Everitt are no subsitute for Casboult either yet we often bombed the ball to let Tarrant and Thompson take easy marks....Jones at least gave some effort IMO...Everitt was playing like he was 5' 2 and 60kg....
Fair summation EB. Just on Walker, is it me or does he look like he is playing angry? Seems to me to sook up playing for free kicks alot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53

Makes Jaksch a must next week. One of Everitt or Walker needs to play NBs, probably Walker as outside of last night Everitt has been performing and hitting the scoreboard. Jaksch and Jones as the key forwards, Wood and Gorringe rucking, Rowe back to defence.

Reply #54
Not sure how walker fits into the side... Days of being a mid sized mobile forward are over.  Not taking marks and kicking well and not offering much within the defensive sphere. Had some chances to get back into the swing if things and looks a yard behind behind the game.  Time to try someone else.

Everritt is the classic soft cherry picker HF flanker.  We are going to debate his inclusion on a weekly basis until a kid pushes him from the team.  Stays in the side, for now, but suspect he is on notice for consistency of effort.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #56
Makes Jaksch a must next week. One of Everitt or Walker needs to play NBs, probably Walker as outside of last night Everitt has been performing and hitting the scoreboard. Jaksch and Jones as the key forwards, Wood and Gorringe rucking, Rowe back to defence.

We definitely need to start phasing out 1AW now IMO. He is pretty much a shadow of his former self and is sadly not a part of the future plans. We need to focus on the guys who are more likely to be.

I wish we had a better option than Everrit but sadly atm we don't have.

Reply #57
We definitely need to start phasing out 1AW now IMO. He is pretty much a shadow of his former self and is sadly not a part of the future plans. We need to focus on the guys who are more likely to be.

I wish we had a better option than Everrit but sadly atm we don't have.

Cookie..agree on AW...We have SOSOS ready to take his place as the 3rd tall forward but its too early and he would just get knocked about.......its time we gave Jaksch a run and started experimenting with players like Touhy down forward, the latter likes kicking goals and its not like we dont have half back options.

Reply #58
Fair summation EB. Just on Walker, is it me or does he look like he is playing angry? Seems to me to sook up playing for free kicks alot.

He has for years.
This is nothing new

Reply #59
Cookie..agree on AW...We have SOSOS ready to take his place as the 3rd tall forward but its too early and he would just get knocked about.......its time we gave Jaksch a run and started experimenting with players like Touhy down forward, the latter likes kicking goals and its not like we dont have half back options.

Yes EB, Tuohy is a very nice kick and he would also add a bit of steel to our forward structure.