Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Pre Game Mission Critical Powwow: Carlton vs GWS (Read 14928 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Pre Game Mission Critical Powwow: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #45
A Loose cannon might get a massive offer to join GC and might keep his powder dry for the rest of the season...

Contracted to the end of 2020 supposedly. I know, I know, contracts don't mean much etc..............

Reply #46
CARLTON
B: Caleb Marchbank, Sam Rowe, Dale Thomas
HB: Jed Lamb, Jacob Weitering, Kade Simpson
C: Lochie O'Brien, Patrick Cripps, Jarrod Pickett
HF: Darcy Lang, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton
F: Paddy Dow, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Wright
R: Harry McKay, Marc Murphy, Ed Curnow
Int: Jack Silvagni, Ciaran Byrne, Matthew Lobbe, Cameron O'Shea, Nick Graham, Pat Kerr, Sam Kerridge, Cameron Polson (Four to be omitted)

IN: Cameron O'Shea, Nick Graham, Pat Kerr, Sam Kerridge

Interesting to now just how fit Weitering is. If he isn't 100%, I wouldn't play him, but who to bring in? O'Shea? Not my preference.

GWS GIANTS
B: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Sam Taylor
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson
C: Matt de Boer, Stephen Coniglio, Adam Kennedy
HF: Brett Deledio, Jeremy Cameron, Josh Kelly
F: Zac Langdon, Rory Lobb, Harry Himmelberg
R: Dawson Simpson, Jacob Hopper, Callan Ward
Int: Daniel Lloyd, Brent Daniels, Aiden Bonar, Toby Greene, Matt Buntine, Harry Perryman, Isaac Cumming, Lachlan Keeffe (Four to be omitted)

IN: Matt de Boer, Jeremy Cameron, Daniel Lloyd, Aiden Bonar, Harry Perryman, Isaac Cumming, Lachlan Keeffe
OUT: Sam J. Reid (Injured), Tim Taranto (Injured), Dylan Shiel (Injured)
NEW: Aiden Bonar
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #47
In the country leagues there is a limit to how many weeks that you can miss through suspension and then you are out for life.  Does that apply in AFL?

Reply #48
In the country leagues there is a limit to how many weeks that you can miss through suspension and then you are out for life.  Does that apply in AFL?

Sort of, it's supposed to be football wide, but i believe they have changed the AFL penalties and limits!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
Contracted to the end of 2020 supposedly. I know, I know, contracts don't mean much etc..............

Pick 3 might do it.

Ironically, imagine lynch signed with gws as a free agent only for gws to then trade Cameron to them for the compensation pick???

????
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #50
Our back 6 will need to keep their eyes peeled for Mr "I've been reported 11 times", loose cannon Cameron.

4 matches to finals......I'd have thought he'd be playing it pretty carefully.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #51
There must be some big worries around SpecialK, there seems a bit more to this than is being reported.

I won't be at all surprised to find he's going to have an extended break.

Big outs for GWS, either that or they are not taking us seriously, Taranto and Shiel are types the normally hurt us. Not surprised they are being kept away from Cripps a few weeks out from finals, lots of reports of players being very sore the week after they play against the big lug. The press go on about the toll on his body, but they forget he inflicts some pain on opponents as well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
There must be some big worries around SpecialK, there seems a bit more to this than is being reported.

Big outs for GWS, either that or they are not taking us seriously, Taranto and Shiel are types the normally hurt us. Not surprised they are being kept away from Cripps a few weeks out from finals, lots of reports of players being very sore the week after they play against the big lug. The press go on about the toll on his body, but they forget he inflicts some pain on opponents as well!

That could be the case, or we could simply be stating that its not worthwhile pushing Kreuzer to play in a year where we are gong to finish bottom or second last with the only part of that remaining to be whether or not Lobbe can continue rucking for the year.

We are pretty much out of alternatives.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #53
Blues by 8.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #54
Of those named on the bench you'd think that Lobbe, Silvagni and Byrne are certain to play which makes for one possible change.
Kerridge or Graham for Polson would be my best guess but we might go in unchanged.
They have some very handy outs and we go well against them, a win would surprise but not shock.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #55
Of those named on the bench you'd think that Lobbe, Silvagni and Byrne are certain to play which makes for one possible change.
Kerridge or Graham for Polson would be my best guess but we might go in unchanged.
They have some very handy outs and we go well against them, a win would surprise but not shock.

I don't know that we go so well against them apart from our 1 point win last year. Prior to that, we lost 3 games by around 10 goals each time.

Reply #56
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
now

Rd20 Final Sunday Teams
Carlton v GWS Giants
J Weitering withdrawn (injured). Byrne into named on-field 18.
Interchange – Silvagni, Polson, Lobbe, O’Shea.
Emergencies – Graham, Kerr, Kerridge, Casboult.
O'Shea in for Weitering.

Reply #57
I don't know that we go so well against them apart from our 1 point win last year. Prior to that, we lost 3 games by around 10 goals each time.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, and now it's O'Shea in for Weitering so my confidence has been dampened a bit.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #58

Kreuzer seemed to be training normally and well in the footage on the club website,
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, and now it's O'Shea in for Weitering so my confidence has been dampened a bit.

I'd have preferred to give Schumacher a go. Rowe and Marchbank can play the 2 key defensive posts. Just see no point picking O'Shea.