Skip to main content
Topic: Pass Mark 2015 (Read 66156 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass Mark 2015

Reply #165
Good teams dont have wild mood swings during the season like they did last year.  Their good is good, but their bad is downright appalling.  Lets not forget that last year they had the benefit of a "soft draw" due to missing the finals in 2013 also.

Middle of the road sides don't play in prelims or beat grand finalists consistently. They don't win two finals. Obviously they put in a few poor performances but that's stock standard for any side. Fact is you said they were middle of the road and compared them to us and that's just so wrong it's not funny. Bordering on delusion really.

Ill leave the delusions to others thanks.  I just proved that I saw more of their footy than you thought I had.

WTF?? You proved nothing LMAO. You should start your own thread, 'the world according to Thry'. A weird and wonderful place full of football fantasy.
Gotta agree with Carrots here Thry, how did you prove your point.

Carrots made an assumption that I hadnt seen enough of them and even formed a reasoning for my opinion and all I am doing is pointing to this point in bold.

Yet we still managed to beat them last season. 

I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you saying we are good enough to beat them and therefore we are underachieving?

FTR that was a milestone 100th game for Yazz, Robbo and Hendo, and Waite tore them a new one (Waite plays for his mates).

I'm saying we beat them last season.  We both have mental yips.  Both of us are middle of the road teams who can beat or lose to anyone on any given day. 

No, they can beat Hawthorn and Sydney on any given day, we can't even get close. They also played in a prelim, we finished bottom six. Middle of the road sides don't play in prelims and consistently beat the grand finalists.

I'm going to put you in the assumption category, you haven't watched them enough and assume they are crap because they lack superstars on their list.

There at least 5 sides they are not better than North.  As far as Im concerned that MIGHT put them just in the top 6 or 7.  In an 18 team comp, thats about middle of the road as far as Im concerned.

Now he can agree to disagree like a man, or he can attack people, call them delusional, and belittle them for their opinion.

Clearly, he chose the latter.

Even though he has no reasoning for why they are a premiership aspiring side beyond his general vibe or feeling.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #166
Fk me you spk so much BS. I've already put my case forward and I've already said I don't think they can win the premiership. I've said they are well above a middle of the road side AS THEIR RECORD FROM LAST YEAR SHOWS, it is you that is working on general vibe or feeling rather than results. Can I ask you just how many games of theirs you watched last year? I backed them every week they played a good side, so I watched them play at their best quite a few times and am in a great position to make a judgment as opposed to relying on general vibe or feeling. As for you, you have history when it comes to this. Remember when you said Daisy was firming as our next captain? So what's the basis of your argument? Opinion? Fair enough, I'm combining my opinion with facts something you continuously fail to acknowledge, not just in this topic but in every other thing we disagree on. When someone constantly contradicts what you're saying on a forum, all the time, with little basis for their argument other than a few hypotheticals, it gets a little tiresome. You did after all concede last year that Mick was indeed going poorly and the only reason you stuck up for him was to spite me. Doesn't get much more pisstakey than that wouldn't you say?

Re belittling where did I belittle you. My point is no one that has seen enough of them that knows anything about football would have them as a middle of the road side NOR would they compare them to us in terms of where they are at. In essence your comments have proved that you have seen very little of them as opposed to saying they prove you've watched a lot of them. Sht like that brings the worst out in me just ask my missus I cannot stand when someone takes the piss Especially someone complaining about belittlement then questioning my manhood. You really are a hypocrite. I hope that settles things for you.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #167
I think it is time to settle down, boys. No need to raise the blood pressure. Shake hands and turn things down. Think of this as a friendly reminder.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #168
I care not for what you think of me Carrots.  You have a barrow to push.

Anyone who doesnt agree with you is delusional and speaks BS.

Anyone who does, seems to be level headed and a speaker of the truth.

At the end of the day, its all a bunch of opinions.  What will happen will happen.  We shall see where North sit in due course, and vice versa where we sit and likewise the rest of the competition.  Things can change quickly.

Regarding me and my opinion, if you dont like it, dont read it.  Disagree with it, move on.  I stated where I thought North were, and straight away you jumped on it.

Regarding last seasons arguments, opinions can and will change.  Deal with it.

Paul Hewson

Reply #169
Jury is out on North IMO......they are in the bracket below the top shelf teams but their coach has judged they are only a few players away and has rolled the dice with
Waite and Higgins to bridge the gap along with Dal Santo from last season.
They have an even list but lack the big name A graders that the heavyweights do...they are capable of beating anyone but I wouldnt be backing them to say win 3 finals in a row vs high quality opposition as they just lack that consistency IMO.

The fact we can beat North probably proves they are not there yet.......if Waite, Higgins and Dal Santo dont work out then they are back with the mid pack hackers like us and looking at a new coach and mini rebuild.

Reply #170
Regarding me and my opinion, if you dont like it, dont read it.  Disagree with it, move on.  I stated where I thought North were, and straight away you jumped on it.

You quoted me, stop contradicting me with baseless arguments and I'll leave you alone. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #171

You quoted me, stop contradicting me with baseless arguments and I'll leave you alone. ;)

Did I?  I think I'll find you quoted me and I simply stated one sentence:

Yet we beat North last season.

Last I checked you were not the only one talking them up.

I don't think it's up to you to leave me alone, you will read my comments or go to another forum.  I ain't budging.

Paul Hewson

Reply #172
Then don't be cry baby when you get a response. :)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #173
North Melbourne is getting so much attention here. Even though they are fairly similar to Richmond. beating sides they should never be able to compete with (On paper), and yet choke in games and situations, where they should win with ease. I think our supporters need to see a far better season from our club, to forget comparing our great club to North and/or Richmond type clubs. Clubs that will not see a flag for the next 20 years. I know we haven't seen one for quite some time, but I strongly believe we are closer to a flag than some clubs. The above mentioned being two of them.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #174
North Melbourne is getting so much attention here. Even though they are fairly similar to Richmond. beating sides they should never be able to compete with (On paper), and yet choke in games and situations, where they should win with ease. I think our supporters need to see a far better season from our club, to forget comparing our great club to North and/or Richmond type clubs. Clubs that will not see a flag for the next 20 years. I know we haven't seen one for quite some time, but I strongly believe we are closer to a flag than some clubs. The above mentioned being two of them.
I thought that in 96, 99 and 2000. Here we are 20 yrs down the track North have won 2 since then and we have go donuts. Careful what you say is the lesson.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #175
That's just weak carrots. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #176
GIC. Both sides were different years ago. They both had different work ethics and played for their supporters and the jumper. I just can't see the current North Melbourne getting closer to being a force over the next 10 years. They are adding depth, but Waite isn't the best player in the comp when it comes to being reliable. If he isn't injured, he is getting reported, or when he is on the park, he goes missing in action. How old is he again, 24 ??. Higgins has had more time missing due to injuries than any other player I know. Dal Santo is young right ?? early 20's ??

I can't see how this side of theirs will do way better than they did last season. I think they had a lucky season and played above their abilities, but that is just my opinion. I can't see how they have added depth that will bring them a flag in the next 5 or so years.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #177

Hope springs eternal Mantis, and good on you.
Me?
Well I'm just about fagged out, we haven't fired a shot for almost 15 years and we don't look like firing a shot in the next 5.
Some of our best players are getting on and we don't have enough young guns coming through to fill their boots, and we're shallow in the midfield and don't have a quality key forward.
I'm not excited about Richmond at all but I think North are a professional outfit who get the best out of their limited resources.
They have no supporters, no money, crap facilities and they've never had a consistent run of high draft picks like some other clubs yet they remain very competitive, I think that we could learn a lot from them in terms of attitude.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #178
Spot on. They have earned my respect, I guess that's what I'm trying to say. Of course it helps that I've won plenty of coin off them but that's not the point.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #179
GIC. Both sides were different years ago. They both had different work ethics and played for their supporters and the jumper. I just can't see the current North Melbourne getting closer to being a force over the next 10 years. They are adding depth, but Waite isn't the best player in the comp when it comes to being reliable. If he isn't injured, he is getting reported, or when he is on the park, he goes missing in action. How old is he again, 24 ??. Higgins has had more time missing due to injuries than any other player I know. Dal Santo is young right ?? early 20's ??

I can't see how this side of theirs will do way better than they did last season. I think they had a lucky season and played above their abilities, but that is just my opinion. I can't see how they have added depth that will bring them a flag in the next 5 or so years.
Mate I dont disagree with any of that. Its just that I am so gun shy due to the performances of our mob in the last 20 years that I personally am very wary about comparing us to anyone just at the moment.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time