Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 48509 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

I won't fill in the gap until I get home after the game and the result is known. Assuming my wife will let me onto the computer after spending all day in Melbourne. :) Here is hoping for a win!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
99-84. very good effort by the boys. I'll be sure to keep tipping against them.

Reply #2
Missed the last quarter.

How bad are the pies going?!!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3
Doc was awesome today. At the other end of the spectrum, Everitt. Embarrassing is the only way to describe him. I never want him in the side every again I dont care if he is our best kick for goal. He does not fit the mantra we are playing to now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
I love football again :D

Reply #5
99-84. very good effort by the boys. I'll be sure to keep tipping against them.

Me too.  Commentators make me sick though.  Called it a brave effort by the Pie.  THEY WERE FAVOURITES TO WIN!  And their recruits were awful.  Howe a bigger spud than Jones.  Aish unsighted and Trealor murdered by Curnow.

Everitt will drive me to an early grave.  If he was switched on all game he could have kicked 5.0 goals and set up a couple more.

Cripps, Simmo, Docherty were awesome.  Gibbs must love it when Crippa plays.

Reply #6
Doc was awesome today. At the other end of the spectrum, Everitt. Embarrassing is the only way to describe him. I never want him in the side every again I dont care if he is our best kick for goal. He does not fit the mantra we are playing to now.

After 20 touches, 8 marks and 3.1 you don't want him in the side? Don't mind that mantra, well, most of it anyway.

Reply #7

How many times have we said that about Rowe over the years? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #8
Missed the last quarter.

How bad are the pies going?!!!!

Clearly in a form slump, and a number of significant outs, but still enough good players to do better than that.

Full credit to our boys. They deserved that win.

Reply #10
What a game to see from the Aussie Bar in Phuket , early morning beers & a win awesome , well done boys

Reply #11
If Casboult could kick he would be on 1 mill per year.

Reply #12
After 20 touches, 8 marks and 3.1 you don't want him in the side? Don't mind that mantra, well, most of it anyway.
And turned the game Collingwoods way in the last with a couple of insipid efforts and turnovers. Still a no for me, but I dont count. Just sayin.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
Daisy is almost there..... Byrne is just great to watch....  The leaders stood up.... 

Reply #14

I was getting ready to sing his praises at three quarter time. It was a good first game back.
But three times in about five minutes in that last quarter he made crucial concentration errors.
Luckily they didn't cost us the game but in a tight contest this could have a sapping effect on the team.
I wouldn't drop him for that, the positives probably outweighed the negatives.... but it will be interesting to see what Bolton does.
To be a guaranteed selection he needs to eliminate those brain fades.