Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 50687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #16
Levi just showed that he needs to be 2nd ruck to Kruezers first ruck. 17 possessions, 12 marks, 3 goals.

Everitt, piss off. It's fine to make mistakes but on a couple of occasions he just stood and let them run off.

Simpson, Byrne, Docherty and Rowe Kudos, great game.

Kerridge looks tired and sloppy below his knees. Sumner did some good things but was missing in big patches.

Plowman needs to do more than spoil. Jammo had an easy job, run around the yank.

Great win, I actually thought we were a chance to go 0-8 so 3 and 4 is awesome. We got the right coach.

Reply #17
I was getting ready to sing his praises at three quarter time. It was a good first game back.
But three times in about five minutes in that last quarter he made crucial concentration errors.
Luckily they didn't cost us the game but in a tight contest this could have a sapping effect on the team.
I wouldn't drop him for that, the positives probably outweighed the negatives.... but it will be interesting to see what Bolton does.
To be a guaranteed selection he needs to eliminate those brain fades.

Yes, he brings both good and bad, like Cas. Just need to work on those negatives.

Reply #18
Liam Jones.  Lucky charm of the year?  He's hitting at 100%

Reply #19
And turned the game Collingwoods way in the last with a couple of insipid efforts and turnovers. Still a no for me, but I dont count. Just sayin.

Some players you take the good with the bad. Supporters often look at what players can't do/aren't doing and disregard what they are doing/can do. You produce that then you're contributing and you're obviously going to play thee next week. Obviously too he needs to continue to to that if you're going to make a few blues otherwise you're in trouble, but for all crap he contributed alot to the win too.

Reply #20
Great to have a good win without Murphy being dominant although Gibbs took over from him today, he was outstanding.
A few quiet players but once again it was a good team effort, Bolton has them playing as a body of men and if we keep it up we'll give anyone a contest at the very least.
Loved Levi's big goal, and can't understand the spray Everitt's copping.
Daisy's first win against his old club, and he was a very happy camper.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
Bolton has brought a defensive game plan and an intensity that we haven't seen in over a decade.  Even Ratts, when he has us playing at out best, we still leaked goals and often scores over 100. 

Loving it.

Reply #22
Murph, Gibbs, Siimmo, Krooz, Cripps, Docherty all very good.

Kero, Lamb, Jones, Rowe, Army, Curnow, Daisy - A for effort.

Good to see Bolts moving Murph from the center to the wing in the 2nd q. Got him into the game. Greenwood kept him quiet up to that point.

Reply #23
Casboult plays the 2nd ruck position/key forward combination so well. Gets his hands on the ball around the ground and it increases his confidence no end when he goes forward. Stood out for a numbers of years. Much better than when he's just simply a key forward and stuck with all the opposition defenders.  It's something the club should take more note of.

Reply #24
By God we expend a lot of energy for our results.  ( good or bad )
Well deserved win. With 10 % more polish thats a 10 goal win.
Kudos to Caz.... best game he's played by a mile.
Missed 2 very gettable goals but kicked the sealer from 50. The pressure he must have felt would have been  immense.

Everit must like losing cos he doesnt play well when we win!! Deadset  awful!

Simmo Dochers and Rowe too I thought were sensational.

Well done boys ????
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #25
Some players you take the good with the bad. Supporters often look at what players can't do/aren't doing and disregard what they are doing/can do. You produce that then you're contributing and you're obviously going to play thee next week. Obviously too he needs to continue to to that if you're going to make a few blues otherwise you're in trouble, but for all crap he contributed alot to the win too.

I think Casboult's game today showed that you were pretty much on the money with regards to the best way to use him.
2nd Ruck, around the ground, with the occasional run forward....but not our permanent key forward.

Reply #26
I was getting ready to sing his praises at three quarter time. It was a good first game back.
But three times in about five minutes in that last quarter he made crucial concentration errors.
Luckily they didn't cost us the game but in a tight contest this could have a sapping effect on the team.
I wouldn't drop him for that, the positives probably outweighed the negatives.... but it will be interesting to see what Bolton does.
To be a guaranteed selection he needs to eliminate those brain fades.
We'll see in a week or two. Anyhow, LLLLWWW looks ok to me ;D Smash Port next week and it will be LLLLWWWW
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
The win was sweet :)

Reply #29
he's got them playing close to the best of their ability for longer in games.
The endeavour and ferocity around the contests is an eye opener. As i keep saying
with the fequency of those F50 entries, we should have won this game by 10 goals.
(if we had betts and waite right now in the team - if only)

We will continue to recruit smart, our youth will improve.

Simmo was great, love kerridge , sumner is a find, byrne is courageous