Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 50684 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #210
Gibbs did win the B&F in 2014 and only played 10 games last year... what we have seen in the majority of games so far this year is a return to his 2014 form. 

If Cripps, Murphy and Gibbs play the majority of games together, Gibbs will probably benefit the most.

Reply #211
Exactly. He's been rubbish and been soft. Against the Pies he was neither of these and we loved it.

The bottom line is, Gibbs is inconsistent and picks and chooses too much when he wants to have a crack.

Hoping Bolton and co do wonders for him this year.

or else move him on. perhaps the smell of victory will keep motivating the bloke?

Needs to show something versus Port given the history there!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #212
gibbsy  i still would trade him if we can get a good deal, i have seen to much of his softness over the many years of hoping and been supportive but as they say sell if yhe price is good. 

Reply #213
Another thing to come from the game on Saturday - how happy are we that Aish decided to go the Pies, after it was rumoured we were heavily into him this time last year. Absolute outside spud of the highest order......

They gave up next years Second Rounder for him?? which could be at least 20-22 the way they are going.

Im not sure they will have a pick next year after gifting GWS probably a top 5-6 pick for Treloar who I am not all that impressed with. Accumulates but doesnt damage. GWS did well to keep Shiel, see Scully really come on and now have ANOTHER top 5 Pick.

I hope we are in there ear about upgrading our Second and third rounders for it, give them points for academy players again.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #214
They gave up next years Second Rounder for him?? which could be at least 20-22 the way they are going.

Im not sure they will have a pick next year after gifting GWS probably a top 5-6 pick for Treloar who I am not all that impressed with. Accumulates but doesnt damage. GWS did well to keep Shiel, see Scully really come on and now have ANOTHER top 5 Pick.

I hope we are in there ear about upgrading our Second and third rounders for it, give them points for academy players again.

I don't know that he's worth what they gave up for him, but from what I have seen, Treloar is a very good player. Don't forget, the entire Pies team is struggling. and this is also his first year at a new club, new state, new home etc. Might be a little out of sorts because of this as well. 

Reply #215
regarding treloar he is getting between 29 to 33 possies a game at his new club,and they are not winning so how much possies does he need to get for the fererals to win.

Reply #216
Treloar is a jet.

He will play 150 games of top shelf football from here minimum.

Absolutely worth it to spend a first rounder on him, even if it is a top pick.

There is a bit of water to flow under the bridge this season and Collingwood could finish as high as 10th or even 9th.

Top 8 draftees can get you a good player, but there are less safe bets than picking up a gun like Treloar.

They have their fair share of injuries and are struggling for form too, but they wont continue like this all year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #218
Not saying he isnt a good player, but he is not a matchwinner, seems to want the easy ball and have no problem him getting it 30 times.

Jury is still out IMO
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #219
Not saying he isnt a good player, but he is not a matchwinner, seems to want the easy ball and have no problem him getting it 30 times.

Jury is still out IMO

Another Bryce?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #220
Didn't they give up two first rounders?

I have no idea, but considering two first rounders can net you Scott Gumbleton, Jack Watts, Kane Lucas and a variety of other players who dont perform or perform inconsistently it actually doesnt matter because they got a good player for it.

People sit there and worry too much about what was lost, rather than be thankful for what they gained.

Paul Hewson

Reply #221

Jury is still out IMO

Like most, he'll struggle if he's not in a good midfield, but as long as the rest of the midfield is about B+ he'll be extremely good.

Pies are about C+ at the moment.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #222
To go with that, im glad they got him.  Can you imagine Richmond had got him?  They might actually have come good this year.

Paul Hewson