Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 50689 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
It was a horror 5-10 minutes he's copping a ''spray'' for.

He's a stop gap anyway.  Charlie C will end up playing that role.  But I'll take 3 goals, even with the brain fades.

By the by, Jamo looks shot.  And Walker struggled, though he sucked up a backman so that's good.

Really happy with Lamb's game.  Gets better every week.  Sumner drifted out of the game, and should have kicked 2, but knows how to get in the right spots.  Kerridge did his thing but didn't look 100%

How good is Patrick Cripps - 25 handballs.

Reply #31

Deserves the spray but like I said supporters tend to overlook the good things and just focus on the bad. Take the game as a whole and he's played well. Bit like that last year but kicked 31 goals still. Some players will always frustrate even when though they are generally valuable. Most sides would have them.

Reply #32
he's got them playing close to the best of their ability for longer in games.
The endeavour and ferocity around the contests is an eye opener. As i keep saying
with the fequency of those F50 entries, we should have won this game by 10 goals.
(if we had betts and waite right now in the team - if only)

We will continue to recruit smart, our youth will improve.

Simmo was great, love kerridge , sumner is a find, byrne is courageous

Byrne is a revelation.  Hasn't taken a backward step since coming into the team.

Reply #33
Bryce Gibbs was really good - three brownlow votes for this one

Reply #34
Hope Andrew Walker just blew out some cobwebs because that was a very sub average game

Sorry fans - Liam Jones not good enough and Sumner still not convinced

Reply #35
One thing we are doing is playing for each other like never before.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
From Day 1 BB said 'if nothing else, you'll have a team that is united, playing accountable football for each other.'

TICK

Reply #37

As my old mate Laj said, you take the good with the bad.
20 touches, 8 marks, 3 goals and a power of running is a fair day's work and I'd take it every week.
He wasn't our only player to make a couple of howlers.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #38
Sorry fans - Liam Jones not good enough

I liked a few of his efforts (contests, taps)
If there's someone better ..sure drop him... but I'm not sure there is at the moment.

If Casboult is going to play away from goal Jones probably needs to stay until someone else steps up.
The problem is that the likely replacements apart from Jaksch are all sick or injured.

Reply #39
Bryce Gibbs was really good - three brownlow votes for this one

An excellent game from Gibbsy, after a rank turnover in our forward 50 in the first quarter which cost a goal.
Mistakes are worth more late in the game though, as Andrejs will tell you.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #40
I liked a few of his efforts (contests, taps)
If there's someone better ..sure drop him... but I'm not sure there is at the moment.

If Casboult is going to play away from goal Jones probably needs to stay until someone else steps up.
The problem is that the likely replacements apart from Jaksch are all sick or injured.

atm he's all we got. This is not a BB or SOS problem, but it is one for them to fix amongst others

Reply #41
He's a stop gap anyway.  Charlie C will end up playing that role.  But I'll take 3 goals, even with the brain fades.

I think Charlie will get Jones' spot.

Reply #42
20 touches, 8 marks, 3 goals and a power of running is a fair day's work and I'd take it every week.

I'll watch with interest.
What you say is quite right, I wouldn't drop him on that performance
If he plays next week then Bolton is on the same page...if not it will be a sign that he doesn't regard such lapses as acceptable

Reply #43
Great win. Boys are growing in confidence, with the game plan as well. Never want to see Everitt again playing for us if he plays like he did in the last qtr, his errors come from being lazy not from his inability. We have gone past that now.

Byrne great again busts his gut all day, will be one Bolton loves. Docherty has become a rock down back. Credit to Murph and Gibbs for leading by example and have been very good the last few weeks. Kreuzer looked more involved today has to ruck all day. Jamo looks shot.

Reply #44
Its not the howlers, its the lack of effort. He stuffs up then just stops.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time