Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 1: In game Angst: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 16531 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 1: In game Angst: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #135
Having Matty Wright on our list is like finding a mint copy of the original release of The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (the one with 4 tracks that were subsequently deleted) in the dollar bargain bin.

Reply #136
Come on mods. Let's lock this up.

Great effort by the boys, but still plenty of work to do.

Reply #137
I hate to say it because it sounds like a pet hate type situation but.......... Marc Muphy.

Jeeeeez.

He's a follower not a leader. He's the guy that gets on the end of others good work and when the whips are cracking he disappears from games to an extent where you could be forgiven for thinking he'd actually left the state.

I hate that he's our captain. He's just not a leader.

We would be a 4 goal better team by making Cripps captain.

Reply #138
We hung in for a long time against a much stronger team that put us under a lot of pressre. Imo a respectable result and I think we 'll definitely gobetter than last year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #139
Cripps is already half the team as it is. No need to burden him the captaincy, not for a while anyway.

Reply #140
got out of the starting blocks like we had a point to prove,
 when the game settled, a few couldnt get into it, a few lifted and a couple got hurt

Could have blown out in the end, it didnt which was good, but the following were poor

silvagni (lack poise, fustrated quickly)
weitering ( a real concern)
casboult
lamb

fisher stepped up, garlett was ok, cripps had to do it all, wright was great, curnow lives up to the hype, dow needs to learn pressure the other way

3-4 years ago we laughed at this mob, they are reigning premiers now and finished like them.

Reply #141
Cripps is already half the team as it is. No need to burden him the captaincy, not for a while anyway.

What an ass about way to look at it.

Reply #142
We hung in for a long time against a much stronger team that put us under a lot of pressre. Imo a respectable result and I think we 'll definitely gobetter than last year.

Didn’t they have 15 more shots than us? We really got lucky tonight with some fortunate 50s and we were a mile off the pace at the end

Reply #144

Our smaller bodies were exhausted by the last qtr. Some could hardly raise a gallop at the end.

Reply #145
Didn’t they have 15 more shots than us? We really got lucky tonight with some fortunate 50s and we were a mile off the pace at the end

Agree, maybe not a mile, but still............

Reply #146
I hate to say it because it sounds like a pet hate type situation but.......... Marc Muphy.

Jeeeeez.

He's a follower not a leader. He's the guy that gets on the end of others good work and when the whips are cracking he disappears from games to an extent where you could be forgiven for thinking he'd actually left the state.

I hate that he's our captain. He's just not a leader.

We would be a 4 goal better team by making Cripps captain.

Surely u jest.

Cripps couldn’t have done much more And Murphy the. Same

Reply #147

Often though, when it looked like they were on top, we found a way to kick a goal and stay in it.

Reply #148

X2
I think we'll go better than last year too  ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #149
Often though, when it looked like they were on top, we found a way to kick a goal and stay in it.

let alone when a handful of blokes might as well be wearing the oponent's jumper!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!