Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Brisbane Practice Match (Read 19528 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Brisbane Practice Match

Reply #60
Terrible. Just terrible. We got worse as the game went on and they got better. So few bright lights. De Koning showed more in his short time out there than McGovern did for half a game. He appears to be another flop. Kreuzer got killed. Have not seen him lower his colours like that. Midfield were shocking. Just witches hats. I's soul destroying to see them bust a tit to get it forward only to balls it up and get punished on the turnover. Richmond will murder us come round 1. God help us.
Did anyone find out what happened with Marchbank?

Reply #61
Two shockers in a row. Not a good sign, especially from a club wanting to hit 75,000 members.

Agree with Newnes criticisms.

I hope it's all about experimenting and so on, because if we were fair dinkum today, we're in for another of 'those' seasons.

What concerned me most was the same old, same old... as soon as an opposition raises their intensity, we wilt, go into our shells and invent new ways to make huge stuff ups. Our lack of intensity for much of the game was palpable (except for the first 4 goals... then we conceded 16 to 6.)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #62
Started well then looked like we couldn't keep up.
Worried about McG
Another injury for Marchy will make it difficult for him.
Newnes ok in q1. Then quite poor.
Jack and Jack and the usual went ok. Dow showed improvement.
It was like watching the train climb the mountain only to derail on the descent 🚑
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #63
Terrible. Just terrible. We got worse as the game went on and they got better. So few bright lights. De Koning showed more in his short time out there than McGovern did for half a game. He appears to be another flop. Kreuzer got killed. Have not seen him lower his colours like that. Midfield were shocking. Just witches hats. I's soul destroying to see them bust a tit to get it forward only to balls it up and get punished on the turnover. Richmond will murder us come round 1. God help us.
Did anyone find out what happened with Marchbank?

knee apparently.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
DeKoning looks very promising.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
Have no depth at all in the middle. With Murphy Cripps Walsh and Ed starting in there we are just competitive but as soon as the starting group doesn’t consist of 3 blokes from that group we are absolutely cooked.

Our second tier players are miles off.

Add in no big forwards with Charlie and Harry out and we are stuffed before we start.

McGovern is yet another we talked up - casboult looks like Wayne Carey next to that donk.

Adelaide ripped us a new one with that deal. 

Reply #66
knee apparently.

Have a feeling it may be a serious one - has a look on his face.
And the fact Charlie was in the room with him tells you they may suspect an acl and he may have needed some support.

Poor bloke can’t take a trick and I fear he will never make it. Body is a too brittle for AFL I’m afraid.

Reply #67
Key moment for me was when in the third qtr Silvagni battled hard took a nice mark about 30 out directly in front went back and with a lazy kick missed. If he goals we are 18 points up but stay 13 up they then kick two quick goals over run over us game over. Instead of being able to have scoreboard pressure which gives you time to make changes when the opposition is charging, get good players back on after a rest, reorganise etc. we panic because it’s what we have done for 10 years!
Hard work need to be rewarded with goals not lazy misses. If he is going to play up forward which I like he needs to nail easy goals. Casboult is a more reliable kick than Silvagni! I like his battle for the ball but if he hits a target it’s because the target moved to the ball, but that goes for too many of our players especially the backline butchers of plowman and Newman

Reply #68
McGovern is starting to worry me just a tad. 

Reply #69
Key moment for me was when in the third qtr Silvagni battled hard took a nice mark about 30 out directly in front went back and with a lazy kick missed. If he goals we are 18 points up but stay 13 up they then kick two quick goals over run over us game over. Instead of being able to have scoreboard pressure which gives you time to make changes when the opposition is charging, get good players back on after a rest, reorganise etc. we panic because it’s what we have done for 10 years!
Hard work need to be rewarded with goals not lazy misses. If he is going to play up forward which I like he needs to nail easy goals. Casboult is a more reliable kick than Silvagni! I like his battle for the ball but if he hits a target it’s because the target moved to the ball, but that goes for too many of our players especially the backline butchers of plowman and Newman

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/573741/marsh-2-match-report-blues-v-lions
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #70
Not the sort of football we need to play. Very disappointing. Not sure what we need to do, but we are certainly not ready for Round 1. Not enough fit players in crucial roles.
Not enough class coming in, except maybe Eddie.
Not enough endeavour.
Not enough evidence of any increase in skill level.

We might be the first team to have 75000 members and win a wooden spoon. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #71
There ought to be some significant sphincter tightening happening around the club at Board and Executive level!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Not the sort of football we need to play. Very disappointing. Not sure what we need to do, but we are certainly not ready for Round 1. Not enough fit players in crucial roles.
Not enough class coming in, except maybe Eddie.
Not enough endeavour.
Not enough evidence of any increase in skill level.

We might be the first team to have 75000 members and win a wooden spoon. :(

That's definitely a formula for anarchy and liquidation.

It's so hard to stay positive when these 2 PS games were so poor. At least for 7q that is 😥

Nonetheless. It's on to the reigning premiers now. Is it just me or does that seem like a frightening proposition 😟
Henry Ford.

Reply #73
Interesting stat....
Blues lay 47 tackles in a 45pt loss
Blues AFLW lay 70 tackles in a 21pt win

I think a few players might benefit from training with our girls. They know how to fight back at all costs, and keep applying pressure. Areas that were sorely lacking in tonight's performance.

Lions are a great outfit.
Blues have a long way to go based on the Marsh series.
Henry Ford.

Reply #74
That's definitely a formula for anarchy and liquidation.

It's so hard to stay positive when these 2 PS games were so poor. At least for 7q that is 😥

Nonetheless. It's on to the reigning premiers now. Is it just me or does that seem like a frightening proposition 😟

i still maintain it's just the preseason, but i also admit to being a little frightened.  the tiges may well rip us a new one.  i'll try and keep some perspective still.  nobody here pretends we're in the hunt for the flag this year. i want 10 wins for the season.  we still have 22 chances.   i thought martin was good but is not much chop at centre bounces, keep him hff /wing.  dow looks better than last year, but needs to keep improving and must take more responsibility on the ball.  TDK  looks promising. SPS was missed.  my usual optimism is a little fragile at the mo.