Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2020: Pre Game Perfidy: Carlton vs. Dogs? (Read 4001 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 2 2020: Pre Game Perfidy: Carlton vs. Dogs?

I assume we are still playing the Dogs next week. I can't be sure yet.

Unless Tom de Koning or Marc Pittonet can come up and play a brilliant game, we are screwed.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 2 2020: Pre Game Perfidy: Carlton vs. Dogs?

Reply #1
We'll be playing the dogs....its just a matter of when.
It might be next wednesday for all we know

Reply #2
Assuming Krueser is unavailable, this week would be the ideal time to introduce De Koning against a similar type of ruckman in Tim English....still quite lean, not over physical, athletic.  Perfect timing.

Reply #3
If we don't play Pittonet we are asking for trouble, he's fit and he is aggressive which is what we need around Bont.

It might be a good game for De Koning, but not perhaps as a ruck, leave Levi rotating in the ruck with Pittonet and play De Koning forward. But if we do that we can't lose the midfield like we did last night.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Dogs are a real chance to go top 4 IMO. Very tough assignment. Dogs by 5 goals. 

Reply #5
There were rumors circulating yesterday the Dogs now have two players being tested for COVID-19, the game might not go ahead at all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Dogs will be a test given they have the three big mids to help offset Cripps so we need a few players to standup and support the skipper in the middle.

Reply #7
Tough early season draw for a weak club.

Play Pittonet and tell him to get physical on English who is a rising player but still pretty light.  Needs to remember that putting his body in is part of his job description because he won't take marks around the ground and get 20 kicks.

We might need another tall with Schache, Bruce and Naughton to contend with.

Drop  Plowman and Dow, play Willo and Stocker (if fit).   Maybe LoB for Setterfield (last chance).

Put a rocket up Fisher ET AL.  Time to put up or piss off.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
Agree EB but that sentiment is almost on a repeat loop.

I'd almost be tempted to play TDK and Pittonet this week. If Williamson is fit then maybe the third tall defender option.

Reply #9
I don't rate the dogs or the coach. We always match up well and as opposed to playing the reigning premiers where we were no chance, this week we are a chance. If we dont start playing until the second qtr, we are screwed, we need to eliminate this farken habit of slow starts (amongst other things).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
Pittonet ... now.  And yes, Stocker.  Dow banished permanently to the NBs.  Don't wanna see him again.

Reply #11
Agree capcom....I feel sorry for Dow. It's not his fault he was picked at number 3...but the lack of development or improvement by him into his 3rd season is a real worry. If he got 25 possessions and butchered half of them you might tolerate it....but to get 7 possessions in a game and still do it?

Reply #12
I don't think we should play TDK in the ruck yet.  Let him get more mature first, we don't want him too bashed up and plagued by injuries.  He looks like a pretty useful fwd so let's try him there.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
My side for this week, nuffs enuff
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time