42 - Tuohy
[ 0 ] (0%)
43 - White
[ 0 ] (0%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: May 23, 2014, 09:56:28 pm

Topic: R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints (Read 16688 times) previous topic - next topic

R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints

Who took the chocolates this week? Name your 3 best.

Re: R8 - BEST on ground vs Saints

Reply #1
Hard week to narrow it down to the 3.

I went with...
Bryce Gibbs who had plenty of it, 38 touches in fact. Best part about that was that he had a game-high 17 contested, which included a team high 8 clearances. Has Bryce found his mojo?

Next player has gotta be putting his hand up for most improved this season and is fast becoming a barometer for this club - Chris Yarran. He is showing confidence and displaying effort. The result, he can break the game open and make the opposition look silly. 4 goals a great return.

Finally, a tough call, but i'm happy with it. Took out the oppositions best player when it appeared he was becoming a problem. Sam Rowe was moved onto Riewoldt after he was towelling up Jamison early. Only had 1 goal kicked against him in the 3 quarters he played on him and that was a huge reason we were able to pull away and continue to dominate in the second quarter. Riewoldts last 2 goals were on Walker i believe.

Reply #2
Gibbs
Yarran
Simpson (He was very good early)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
Gibbs
Yarran
Menzel
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
Yarran outstanding, Gibbs very hard at it tonight, and Simmo yet again great across our HB line. Simmo did make a couple of blues but his other work outweighed that for me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
Gibbs
Simpson (few blunders though)
Robinson (one of only two 4/4 players)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6
Gibbs
Yazz
Menzel

Alternatively for supreme effort.

Docherty
Rowe
Levi.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Gibbs, Yarran and Murphy for me but Rowe wasn't that far off.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Yaz, Rowe and Menzel, and I wasn't too unhappy with White tonight.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #9
I had:

Gibbs - simply awesome in every way last night. Needed to beat up on the Saints mids and did it in style. Inside, outside, didn't matter, head was over the ball constantly. If he could reproduce that at 500k we got ourselves a bargain!

Yarran - In and out of the game but made it count when he go it.

Murphy - Really liked the way he went about it, seemed to play with a lot more confidence, perhaps a by product of three consistent games. Benefited immensely from Gibbs' inside work, would love to see how many handball receives he got from the great man but worked really hard and actually looked quite strong out there. It was however men against boys but the Gibbs/Murphy combo operated really well last night.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
Finally, a tough call, but i'm happy with it. Took out the oppositions best player when it appeared he was becoming a problem. Sam Rowe was moved onto Riewoldt after he was towelling up Jamison early. Only had 1 goal kicked against him in the 3 quarters he played on him and that was a huge reason we were able to pull away and continue to dominate in the second quarter. Riewoldts last 2 goals were on Walker i believe.

May have had something to do with the fact that Reiwoldt didn't know where he was.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
May have had something to do with the fact that Reiwoldt didn't know where he was.

Like that GF day in the goal square!  ;)

Riewoldt, a great athlete but a pea heart!

Murphy, Gibbs and Simpson for me, they gave the rest of the team so much ball that they could not fail, and they mopped up a bag full of errors from others at the same time!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12

That didn't happen until the 3rd quarter i believe. Rowe had a game high 9 1%ers which usually translates to spoils for a backman.

Whether Roo felt the effects of the hit for a long time afterwards didn't stop him kicking goals on Walker in the last.

Credit where credit is due. Rowe has performed above expectations playing down back and is doing a role on some of the best.

Reply #13
Jamison and Rowe swapped on Reiwoldt about 3 or 4 times a 1/4..  Walker and White also had stints on him.. 
Nicks first two goals both were on Jammo from memory...

Reply #14

That didn't happen until the 3rd quarter i believe. Rowe had a game high 9 1%ers which usually translates to spoils for a backman.

Whether Roo felt the effects of the hit for a long time afterwards didn't stop him kicking goals on Walker in the last.

Credit where credit is due. Rowe has performed above expectations playing down back and is doing a role on some of the best.

Good Call Krudds.

One thing that stood out with Rowe is the last few weeks he has just got it under pressure and kicked it, usually to watch it sail back over his head.

A few times last night, he got it and stopped to think, usually making a good decision or good kick. That itself showed an improvement in his game.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset