Skip to main content
Topic: Practice Match: Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy (Read 12721 times) previous topic - next topic

Practice Match: Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy

This Saturday at 2:00 PM (with the 2nds game on at 5:00 PM) will be the last practice match for the Northern Blues. Then, like the AFL, the VFL has a complex first round, where the Blues play Willi.

Alas, I haven't been able to find any teams yet. Hopefully that will be fixed before the start of the game, but I cannot guarantee that.

A little good news - the Blues' Development Team beat Box Hill easily last weekend.

NORTHERN BLUES                 1.1       4.3       9.8       12. 12. (84)
 BOX HILL HAWKS                   1.1       2.6       2.7       5. 8.     (38)

GOALS: McDonald 3, Murray 2, Dufficy 2, Walton, Gleeson, Coulson, Grgic, Dirago

Gleeson is Adrian 'Bear' Gleeson's lad (as I have mentioned previously).

The Blues first 'real' match is on April 6th: the 2nd Sunday of the 1st round of VFL footy.

The VFL is being shown again this year on the ABC: of that I am very happy. Thank you, ABC, for the coverage. It is appreciated.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Practice Match: Blues vs. Sandringham at Visy

Reply #1
This Saturday at 2:00 PM (with the 2nds game on at 5:00 PM) will be the last practice match for the Northern Blues. Then, like the AFL, the VFL has a complex first round, where the Blues play Willi.

Alas, I haven't been able to find any teams yet. Hopefully that will be fixed before the start of the game, but I cannot guarantee that.

A little good news - the Blues' Development Team beat Box Hill easily last weekend.

NORTHERN BLUES                 1.1       4.3       9.8       12. 12. (84)
 BOX HILL HAWKS                   1.1       2.6       2.7       5. 8.     (38)

GOALS: McDonald 3, Murray 2, Dufficy 2, Walton, Gleeson, Coulson, Grgic, Dirago

Gleeson is Adrian 'Bear' Gleeson's lad (as I have mentioned previously).

The Blues first 'real' match is on April 6th: the 2nd Sunday of the 1st round of VFL footy.

The VFL is being shown again this year on the ABC: of that I am very happy. Thank you, ABC, for the coverage. It is appreciated.

Hey CRASH, where is tomorrow's game being played and who are they playing? Think I'll mosey along...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
It is at Visy Park at 2:00 (although I have also heard 2:30 elsewhere and 4:00 PM Friday, which has already passed). Hopefully there is no crap and the game will start around 2:00!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Not going well:
Blues 1 - 3- 9
Zebras 7 - 1 - 43

and we kicked the first 3 scores of the game (3 points).
Casboult has just scored the first goal after a hanger early in the 2nd quarter.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
CFC players: Johnson, Holman, Giles, Sheehan, McInnes, Scotland, Reynolds, Cripps, Casboult, Bootsma, Wood, Cachia, Temay, Graham, Lucas.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Casboult takes another hanger and boots our 2nd goal.

Blues 2 - 4 - 16
Zebras 7 - 2 - 44

Cachia and Graham getting a fair bit of the ball.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
good stuff crash, keep the updates coming please :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #7
Casboult takes another hanger and boots our 2nd goal.

Blues 2 - 4 - 16
Zebras 7 - 2 - 44

Cachia and Graham getting a fair bit of the ball.

Sounds like the bolt wants to play against the tiggers!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #8
Losing 70-25.

Interestingly Giles has hold Tom Lee goalless  thus far. Looks a prospect.

Reply #9
Losing 70-25.

Interestingly Giles has hold Tom Lee goalless  thus far. Looks a prospect.

What a new guy doing well? Wonder if MM is watching or will be told we actually someone else (a tall) that could take McInnes position. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #10
I am almost glad my daughter kicked me off the computer; what an ordinary effort.

Blues 4.10.34,
Zebras 16.4.100.

Beaten by 11 goals is not the sort of thing we need leading into the season.

Disposals: Graham 30, Cachia 26, Wilkinson 21, Scotland 21, Thomas 20.
That, with Wood's dominance in the ruck, says that our midfield isn't that bad.

Goals: Casboult 2, Wilkinson, Dufficy
Considering that Casboult got his 2 in about 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter, that suggests our forward line is not going so well.

Giles had a good one in defence and kept his man goalless. That is good news for a young kid.
Wood had 44 or more taps.

Cripps had 16 possessions, which is probably not enough to get him a game ahead of Graham or Cachia. Over 2/3 of Graham's possessions were contested.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Northern Blues VFL Squad: 2. Blaine Johnson, 3. Myles Dorman, 4. Tom Wilson, 10. Tim Totevski, 12. Steven Murray, 14. Nick Holman, 16. Michael Dufficy, 18. Cameron Giles, 20. Ciaran Sheehan, 26. Andrew McInnes, 29. Heath Scotland, 31. Jack Anthony, 32. Joel Wilkinson, 33. Tyson Thomas, 34. Luke Reynolds, 38. Josh Callaway, 39. Patrick Cripps, 41. Levi Casboult, 42. Josh Bootsma, 50. Cameron Wood, 52. Jack Johnston, 59. Jaryd Cachia, 67. Tom Temay, 75. Nick Graham, 77. Kane Lucas, 78. Sam Cattapan

Northern Blues Development Squad: 1. Will Couch, 5. Kyle Emley, 6. Brad McCann, 9. Dean Soncin, 13. Hugh Curnow, 15. Paul Dirago, 16. Michael Dufficy, 21. Athiei Kur, 22. Tom Grimes, 25. Gerard Sutton, 30. Sean Bolger, 35. Mitchell Gleeson, 36. Matt Evans, 37. Ben Walton, 46. Glenn Grgic, 47. Jordan Roberts, 53. Keenan Posar, 55. Matthew Haynes, 56. Mitchell Johnson, 62. Braydn Taglieri, 63. Hayden Taylor, 64. Jesse Tardio, 66. Daniel Watson, 69. Jacob Gleeson, 71. Kyle McDonald, 81. Benjamin Toman, 82. Jarryd Coulson
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Like last week, the development squad are doing the job, leading 18 points to 13 at quarter time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
No final scores, yet, but the Blues were 17 points up in the final quarter.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Very, very disappointing. In one respect I am glad I didn't get to the game.

Good news on Giles, Graham and Cachia.

Roll on April 6.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17