Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 11357 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #150
Didn't the crows just drop a crouch this week?

Why are we looking at picking up their duds?

Reply #151
Didn't the crows just drop a crouch this week?

Why are we looking at picking up their duds?
They picked up one of ours I just wanted to be fair and reasonable and return the favour.
They dropped Matt Crouch but I'd happily take him off their hands at a lower price if they dont rate him....Crows are a rabble
and when you have a ultra consistent AA like M. Crouch not playing well then you need to dig a bit deeper and all roads lead
to off field problems and a bloke called Ricciuto.
How Walker continues to get a game defies logic...his attack on the football has been insipid and dare I say it but B. Gibbs can consider himself unlucky if Walker is the standard setter at that club. They have to be bottom 4 material and the carcass needs to be picked clean of any talent.

Reply #152
They picked up one of ours I just wanted to be fair and reasonable and return the favour.
They dropped Matt Crouch but I'd happily take him off their hands at a lower price if they dont rate him....Crows are a rabble
and when you have a ultra consistent AA like M. Crouch not playing well then you need to dig a bit deeper and all roads lead
to off field problems and a bloke called Ricciuto.
How Walker continues to get a game defies logic...his attack on the football has been insipid and dare I say it but B. Gibbs can consider himself unlucky if Walker is the standard setter at that club. They have to be bottom 4 material and the carcass needs to be picked clean of any talent.

Gibbs is an inside mid. And they have the 2 crouchs who compete for his spot and they are younger and a bit faster. Crouch dropping opens the door a crack for him.

Reply #153
Gibbs is an inside mid. And they have the 2 crouchs who compete for his spot and they are younger and a bit faster. Crouch dropping opens the door a crack for him.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/axed-crow-gibbs-still-in-afl-frame-coach-c-1096724

I think Nicks has Bryce earmarked for a HB position, and even then one gets the feeling that with the focus on youth, Gibbs may only get a game here and there.

Reply #155
He still needs to get picked though.

See he tweeted BAGGERS after the game tonight. Pretty unprecedented for a current player of another club but good on him. 12 years at Carlton.

Reply #156
He might be back next year. Teague likes older, reliable players, and he could be going cheap, so you never know..............

Reply #158
He might be back next year. Teague likes older, reliable players, and he could be going cheap, so you never know..............

If Carlton took his salary with him the Crows would have to look at it.

Reply #159
Can we do better than them?...Matt has been AA and been in the top 5 for possies in the comp and Brad had a very good season last year. Appreciate they have had a slow start to this season but have still been in the Crows better players....something rotten in Adelaide when Walker continues to get games and others are made scape goats for the clubs lack of form.
Put them both at new club with less off field problems and they would do very well IMO and we might get them cheaper given what happening with the Crows..

I watch a few games of footy, and not many crows games tbh, but whenever I do i hardly notice the crouch boys.  maybe that's just the type of players they are, unobtrusive.  if one fell in our laps for not much then sure, but i'd never chase them as big trade targets  and give up much for them.  I dunno, they just don't impress me much.

Reply #160

that's the story of the night for me, clearly something in the tweet...

i wouldn't blame him for preferring to be at the blues right now.  he clearly wasn't all that keen on going back home in the first place, but i can't see how the family situation could have changed that much.

would he want to come back?  would we want him?  would he get a game?

Reply #161
I watch a few games of footy, and not many crows games tbh, but whenever I do i hardly notice the crouch boys.  maybe that's just the type of players they are, unobtrusive.  if one fell in our laps for not much then sure, but i'd never chase them as big trade targets  and give up much for them.  I dunno, they just don't impress me much.

Yep, you're not alone there.  Lots of soft possessions and little impact.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #162
that's the story of the night for me, clearly something in the tweet...

i wouldn't blame him for preferring to be at the blues right now.  he clearly wasn't all that keen on going back home in the first place, but i can't see how the family situation could have changed that much.

would he want to come back?  would we want him?  would he get a game?

Not sure on answers to those last 3 questions, but reading the top 50 or so comments on his twitter feed, the verdict from Blues fans is almost unanimous - almost all want him back.

Reply #164
Not sure on answers to those last 3 questions, but reading the top 50 or so comments on his twitter feed, the verdict from Blues fans is almost unanimous - almost all want him back.

I suspect that Gibbs is struggling with the toxic atmosphere at the Crows but you wouldn’t want to give up much for a player in such poor form.  Who would he displace from last night’s team?

At worst he would add to our growing depth  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball