Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 11355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #165
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blue-skies-can-carlton-dare-to-dream-after-toppling-bombers-20200627-p556st.html

According to this article, Betts' 50m penalty for encroaching on the mark. lol.

Yes, that seems to be the official line.  In that case, the 50m penalty is taken from the mark so 70m up the ground, not 90m.

It looked to me that Betts was the correct distance from the goal square, and the umpire should have called him back if he was too close.  It also seemed that he didn’t leave the mark until after Saad had played on but perhaps he moved before the umpire called ‘play on’.  Either way it’s still an umpiring error compounded by an over generous 50m  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #166
I suspect that Gibbs is struggling with the toxic atmosphere at the Crows but you wouldn’t want to give up much for a player in such poor form.  Who would he displace from last night’s team?

At worst he would add to our growing depth  :)

I can't see Gibbs costing much in trade or monetary value, assuming he did return. I'm not sure what's going on at the Crows, but from the outside it seems like a boy's club practicing the politics of exclusion, and those in charge, like Sloane and Walker, make scapegoats of those on the outer.

Gibbs is a versatile player - he could play wing, mid, HB. He would be an upgrade on Plowman for starters.

Reply #167
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blue-skies-can-carlton-dare-to-dream-after-toppling-bombers-20200627-p556st.html

According to this article, Betts' 50m penalty for encroaching on the mark. lol.
They need to do the right thing and come out and say they made a mistake, not conjure up rubbish reasoning and junk excuses for something that is as obvious as the noses on their faces.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #168
They need to do the right thing and come out and say they made a mistake, not conjure up rubbish reasoning and junk excuses for something that is as obvious as the noses on their faces.

Yes, and to their credit the umpires and AFL are getting better at admitting when they stuffed up. We'll see what happens this time.

Reply #169
Not sure on answers to those last 3 questions, but reading the top 50 or so comments on his twitter feed, the verdict from Blues fans is almost unanimous - almost all want him back.

Think about that logically for a second.

If anyone is following Gibbs' tweets, they obviously still take an interest in him. Thus, positive.
If anyone (think spanner lol) is happy to see the back of him, they will not have anything to do with Gibbs or his twitter account. So no negative responses.

;)

Reply #170
I can't see Gibbs costing much in trade or monetary value, assuming he did return. I'm not sure what's going on at the Crows, but from the outside it seems like a boy's club practicing the politics of exclusion, and those in charge, like Sloane and Walker, make scapegoats of those on the outer.

Gibbs is a versatile player - he could play wing, mid, HB. He would be an upgrade on Plowman for starters.

Not that keen at his age but if it only cost a 4th rounder then why not.

Reply #171
Not sure he sold his house that he extensively renovated a number of years ago. We know exactly what we would get from him and therefore it’s just case of do we want what he offers or can we cover him with someone who will be part of our system for the next 5 years?

Reply #172
Bruised lung and broken rib for SOJ.

Reply #173
delete

Reply #174
Andrew McGrath, Essendon, has been charged with Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction) Sam Walsh, Carlton, during the fourth quarter of the Round Four match between Essendon and Carlton, played at the MCG on Saturday June 27.

In summary he can accept a $750 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $1250 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $750 sanction with an early plea.

That one didnt even get a mention.  Meanwhile how was Jacob townsends hands in the back vs plowman not a free kick too?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #175
Not sure he sold his house that he extensively renovated a number of years ago. We know exactly what we would get from him and therefore it’s just case of do we want what he offers or can we cover him with someone who will be part of our system for the next 5 years?

He is now effectively a state league player, so I'm sure the AFL can bend the rules and allow us to pick him up in the mid season draft, assuming there is one.

Reply #176
 If Bryce wanted to return, I wouldn't complain. But I wouldn't be giving them much in return. After all, he is playing in the SANFL most weeks at the moment.
At the moment the Crows are the favourites to win the spoon. That would cause some players to be simply flicked. Getting Bryce as a delisted free agent would be nice, especially considering what Adelaide paid for him.
Live Long and Prosper!