Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138205 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #240
Much better from our blokes this week.  Murphy was individually, much more involved in the play without being brilliant or inspirational.

Good to see Jamo get over to Byrne after the debutante made an error And give him a pat on the back.

Gibbs was better this week and I was wrapped when he shoulder barged Goddard.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #241
The article says we "are being led by former captain Chris Judd". Is this yet another example of how Murphy is not acknowledged/recognised as a worthy captain or am I missing something.

I don't think that is correct.  Judd may lead by example at times but nowhere near as much as in past seasons.  He certainly doesn't take an overt leadership role.

If you watch who does most of the talking in the huddles it is Murphy, Carrazzo and Simpson.  Gibbs and Jamison don't seem to have much to say.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #242
I usually see Carrazzo and Simpson doing almost all the talking in the huddles.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #243
I usually see Carrazzo and Simpson doing almost all the talking in the huddles.

x2....previous week it was Carrazzo doing the rev ups in the huddle...not sure that is great for Murphy's image and he should be doing
more of the talking and asserting himself..

Reply #244
Carrazzo just gave Yarran a bake for hitting Chapman Lol. What a bunch of soft c0ck$.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #245
I don't think that is correct.  Judd may lead by example at times but nowhere near as much as in past seasons.  He certainly doesn't take an overt leadership role.

If you watch who does most of the talking in the huddles it is Murphy, Carrazzo and Simpson.  Gibbs and Jamison don't seem to have much to say.

I remember an interview with him early after he stepped down from the captaincy. Some video of him was shown at half time walking into the rooms and giving some words. When showed it and asked to comment, he said it was probably disrepectful to Murphy and he probably shouldn't have done it.

Reply #246
Carrazzo just gave Yarran a bake for hitting Chapman Lol. What a bunch of soft c0ck$.

Should be giving him a pat on the back for standing up for himself.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #247
I suspect Carrazzo is out of touch with the feelings of a great many, if not the majority, of Carlton supporters ;).

He's looking at it from the team point of view, because Yarran missing will  hurt our chances in games...... but it would probably have been better to say nothing.

Reply #248
Carrozzo gibbs murph simpson are just not in the same league as Selwood. ...he just saved the game against gold coast...at the last quarter

Reply #249
I suspect Carrazzo is out of touch with the feelings of a great many, if not the majority, of Carlton supporters ;).

He's looking at it from the team point of view, because Yarran missing will  hurt our chances in games...... but it would probably have been better to say nothing.

Personally I loved seeing it but in hindsight Chapman won this battle.  Yarran was a bit of a non event for most of the game and Chappy kicked two himself.

Perhaps the incident got to him but who knows.  

Think back to Judd on Adams.   Yep got him lifted kicked 3 goals and was bog in a losing side Getting 30 plus possessions.

He's going to have blokes trying to rough him up because it seems to have thrown him off and Yarran is a much better player than that performance.

Too bad something wasn't done about Melkskam. He was the one deserving a left hook.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #250

I think Yarran could have wrestled him to ground and done a little better than a cheap punch to the face. That one will cost him 2 weeks no matter what. I don't say I am unhappy with what he did. Better something than to just bend over and take it up the clacker. Maybe next time he will handle it a little different. Would be interesting to hear what fired him up so much.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #251
Personally I loved seeing it but in hindsight Chapman won this battle.  Yarran was a bit of a non event for most of the game and Chappy kicked two himself.

Perhaps the incident got to him but who knows.  

Think back to Judd on Adams.   Yep got him lifted kicked 3 goals and was bog in a losing side Getting 30 plus possessions.

He's going to have blokes trying to rough him up because it seems to have thrown him off and Yarran is a much better player than that performance.

Too bad something wasn't done about Melkskam. He was the one deserving a left hook.

x2...Agree on Melksham and the lack of attention to his checking of Judd was amazing...I would be ordering certain players to contact Melksham so he didnt have the
ability to chase or stay with Judd.....

Reply #252
I think Yarran could have wrestled him to ground and done a little better than a cheap punch to the face. That one will cost him 2 weeks no matter what. I don't say I am unhappy with what he did. Better something than to just bend over and take it up the clacker. Maybe next time he will handle it a little different. Would be interesting to hear what fired him up so much.
Lets just get one thing straight, there was nothing  "cheap" about what Yaz did. They were standing face to face, Yaz was simpler quicker than Mudguts.

Reply #253

Easy to say Mants but we don't really know what that snipe actually said to him and Yazz is obviously not going to say. I'll side with Yazz, even though he might get time off, since I know he's no thug.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #254
An interesting read :

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-scott-hails-amazing-joel-selwood-after-cats-break-duck-20150419-1mogsj.html

"I said to him post-game, it feels like I say it all the time, but it was just amazing," Scott said of Selwood, who had an astonishing 23 contested possessions. "I don't reckon he's driven by his own performance as much as he is taking his own teammates with him, the message is more to his teammates. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play with this guy, let's go along for the ride with him, because he's pretty willing to lead."
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"