Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting) (Read 69673 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge RD 2 : Carlton V Adelaide (Prior Poncing & Punting)

Reply #243
I don't see how you could watch that game and say Yarran was impressive. Like Kruddler said he was coasting as usual, the only difference being so was everyone else, I'll judge him when the real stuff starts.

Reply #244
What pleased me more than anything re Yazz was his attitude. There was intensity.

Because of his onfield demeanour he's likely to always appear laconic, which can be deceiving.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #245
What pleased me more than anything re Yazz was his attitude. There was intensity.

Because of his onfield demeanour he's likely to always appear laconic, which can be deceiving.

The only intensity he showed was when he was yelling at his teammates for 'ignoring him'.

He stuffed something else up at one point and showed intensity trying to make up for his mistake, but that just showed me how little intensity he had for the rest of the game.

As i keep saying, i'm a fan of Yarran (had him on my membership card last year actually) but he needs to improve his attitude and intensity otherwise i can see Mick sending him back to the VFL again.

Reply #246
I don't see how you could watch that game and say Yarran was impressive. Like Kruddler said he was coasting as usual, the only difference being so was everyone else, I'll judge him when the real stuff starts.

Keeping Dangerfield to five touches is pretty impressive  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #247

Do you think he could do that in a real game?

Reply #250

Yeah agreed, once again, because he such a potent offensive weapon people don't credit him for beating a man, they judge him by how quick he runs and how many bounces he has.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #251
Who tags in practice games?

Reply #252

Do you think he could do that in a real game?
^^Wot he said. 

It was a practice match.

So he gets no credit for his job because it's a practice match and Dangerfield isn't trying as hard but is then criticised for not trying hard enough himself? Hmmm.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #253
I put very little value in any practice game.  I saw players tackling as if they were playing touch football.  Sure you have the odd accident but let's not get carried away.  When the H&A starts it's a different game, and you know that. 

If you want to argue value of form in these games, then Rodney only needed 5 touches to finish us off.   How valuable were Yarran's touches?

Personally I thought we played ok in the 1st half and actually looked like we wanted to win.  The second half -  I'd b surprised if Mick even spoke to the boys in the room.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #254
I put very little value in any practice game.  I saw players tackling as if they were playing touch football.  Sure you have the odd accident but let's not get carried away.  When the H&A starts it's a different game, and you know that. 

If you want to argue value of form in these games, then Rodney only needed 5 touches to finish us off.   How valuable were Yarran's touches?

Personally I thought we played ok in the 1st half and actually looked like we wanted to win.  The second half -  I'd b surprised if Mick even spoke to the boys in the room.

Dangerfield had a new opponent and 14 touches in the last quarter.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball