Skip to main content
Topic: Wilder v Fury (Read 2260 times) previous topic - next topic

Wilder v Fury

Interesting event, all the hoopla and clown show.

Wilder was fat and slow, Fury was fat and slightly less slow.

Hardly looked like an even match or genuine contest.

How far boxing has fallen, it's withering away in such a sad end for a dying sport!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Wilder v Fury

Reply #1
Wilder lost every second of every round in his previous fight against Luis Ortiz and landed one punch and that was that. He's an ordinary boxer but he is probably close to the biggest puncher of all time.

Fury is a slob and acts like a joker but don't let the antics fool you he knows how to fight. He's the best heavyweight since Lennox Lewis.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Wilder lost every second of every round in his previous fight against Luis Ortiz and landed one punch and that was that. He's an ordinary boxer but he is probably close to the biggest puncher of all time.

Fury is a slob and acts like a joker but don't let the antics fool you he knows how to fight. He's the best heavyweight since Lennox Lewis.
Not much here I won't agree with.

Wilder has been dining out on his being a one hit wonder for a while now, and while I think he could be a reasonable boxer, he was basically a bully who needs to get in the first hit and make it a good one. If not he is nowhere near fit or durable enough to go head to head with Fury for an extended period.

For his size Fury has terrifically quick hands even when he is throwing stupid hay-makers, when he boxes properly with jabs, hooks and rips to the body he is a serious operator.

The fight should have been stopped a round or two earlier, I suspect they(organisers and sponsors) wanted Wilder to win with a knockout to maximise the marketing dollars and as such they let it go on too long!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3

Do you rate Joshua MBB?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time