Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 25274 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
When clubs are struggling it's common for supporters to pot the best players, it's like having a blue with the missus and taking it out on the dog.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #61
When clubs are struggling it's common for supporters to pot the best players, it's like having a blue with the missus and taking it out on the dog.

Yes, they're all no good from the best players down...lol.

Handling frustration isn't supporter's strongest point no matter the club.

Reply #62
I think it's time for him to handover the captaincy solely for the "generational change" reason.

But I want him to stay.
Does anyone really think we're not missing him at the moment

This.
We are definitely missing him.
He is a blue through and through. He looks the type to me, who would get more from being a one club player than chasing a tilt.
I do think he needs to give up the captaincy. If Docherty were available, I'd want him to do it now, but I suspect he will hold on to it until the end of the year so a proper decision can be made about our next captain.

Reply #63
We are definitely missing him, would love to somehow get two more like him but a bit bigger!

Reply #64
I think it's time for him to handover the captaincy solely for the "generational change" reason.

But I want him to stay.
Does anyone really think we're not missing him at the moment

Nope. We're missing him alright. Along with his mate Gibbs we lack class in spades in the middle.

I'd like to see him stay. If he chose greener pastures though, he'd have my blessings.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #65
Nope. We're missing him alright. Along with his mate Gibbs we lack class in spades in the middle.

I'd like to see him stay. If he chose greener pastures though, he'd have my blessings.
We have to do whatever we can to make him stay, the bleeding of talent needs to stop. Could not stand seeing him go and replacing him with another Mullet/O'Shea combo, surely we have learnt you just don't replace class!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #66
I'm confident that Murphy will stay, he's got plenty to give and even if he doesn't see our next flag as a player he can play a big part in setting it up.
I think that he should remain as Captain too.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #67
I'm confident that Murphy will stay, he's got plenty to give and even if he doesn't see our next flag as a player he can play a big part in setting it up.
I think that he should remain as Captain too.
No reason why he shouldn't remain as captain unless he no longer wants it, I hope he stay on and gets the chance to prove all the nay sayers wrong.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #68
I think Murphy will stay for one reason...no other club will pay the big dollars he will want to leave......

Reply #69
I have been very tolerant of this young side and BB. But if I see anything less than a feral, 4 quarter effort from the 22 wearing the navy blue jumper this week, "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #70
If Murphy is on the park, Carlton are a better team.
We do not want to be missing another senior player next year, however I’m presuming Simpson and Thomas will go.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #71
I think Murphy will stay for one reason...no other club will pay the big dollars he will want to leave......
A 31 year old player coming off a season spent injured. He'll be lucky to even get medium dollars - with us.

Reply #72

Let's be frank. It's been a good few years since the time when Murphy's 30 odd possessions hurt an opposition.

He'll stay for the reason you espouse EB.

The Hawks might offer him 300k a year, that's about it.

Straight swap for our old Robbo at Brisvegas? I'd do that...maybe they could throw in some steak knives....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #73

What a great reason to keep someone.
If that is the case we should pay him market value and use the extra money on a 23-25 year old.
We need tough uncompromising footballers, not players looking to arrange their retirements

Reply #74
I have been very tolerant of this young side and BB. But if I see anything less than a feral, 4 quarter effort from the 22 wearing the navy blue jumper this week, "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger".
;D  ;D ;D

It is imperative that Murph stay, from a PR point of view if nothing else. 

If he goes elsewhere it tells us that he doesn’t believe in what’s happening at the club.